Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want either of these go get them now while they're hot!

Shattered Empire $20.99
Twilight Imperium $43.99
Shards of the Throne for $26.99

edit:fixed links
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fallen wrote:
If you want either of these go get them now while they're hot!

Shattered Empire $20.99
Twilight Imperium $43.99

Shards of the Throne for $26.99

Zomg, cheapness. It was in my DotD earlier so I checked...41 bucks. Just bought Runewars last night, and don't want this as much. I really CAN'T buy this, but I suppose this may be the only time I ever see it this cheap. Wow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regina Harris
United States
Maylene
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband is going to kill me. Thanks though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
generalgina wrote:
My husband is going to kill me. Thanks though.

I won't tell if you won't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just pulled the trigger on all 3. Oh my God what am I thinking? I don't know anyone I could play that with

I guess worst case = sell on CL for modest profit. AMIRIGHT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
Just pulled the trigger on all 3. Oh my God what am I thinking? I don't know anyone I could play that with

I guess worst case = sell on CL for modest profit. AMIRIGHT?

I did the exact same thing. I figured that I'd likely never see it this cheap again and if I was ever going to buy it now was the time. It's not like it's going to lose value if I don't like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Podojil
United States
Pawcatuck
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, Amazon is tormenting me (and I'm sure others) by continuously making things cheaper a few days after the first deal. Ah well. I guess you can't complain about deals either way, heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanislav Zhorin
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
And that's why!
badge
And that's why!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just buy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Podojil
United States
Pawcatuck
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheshire_cat wrote:
Just buy it!

Sorry, I meant because I already bought it at the slightly more expensive price. cry

I think I'll survive over the three dollar difference though, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 big coffin games (+expansion) that won't be played (in the foreseeable future) bought and paid for. Thanks for nothing Amazon! Keep putting the heroin on sale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just called amazon. They will not price match the order I placed YESTSERDAY for $20 more on the base game and the first expansion, but they will let me return it for a full refund, so I just ordered this again...

I'm not understanding this policy, but for $20 it is worth the hassle, I guess.

EDIT: I just cancelled my reorder. $20 is not worth the hassle. I'm still not happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Podojil
United States
Pawcatuck
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, honestly some of the deals are so great to begin with it's hard to expect them to do even better! However, there is definitely a trend for many of these games of having a lower price a few days after the first deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps they don't see the movement they thought they would after a couple of days so they hit the price slash button...

or maybe... just maybe... one of you is a SPY and reports back to them... attempting to build holiday tensions between family members and stress levels over bank balances....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
I just called amazon. They will not price match the order I placed YESTSERDAY for $20 more on the base game and the first expansion, but they will let me return it for a full refund, so I just ordered this again...

EDIT: I just cancelled my reorder. $20 is not worth the hassle. I'm still not happy!

What you do is call and have them have UPS hold the order for pickup. If you don't pick it up after five days it is returned to Amazon and they credit you for the returned item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fallen wrote:
RobertDD wrote:

What you do is call and have them have UPS hold the order for pickup. If you don't pick it up after five days it is returned to Amazon and they credit you for the returned item.

That sounds like good advice. I just decided I'd rather have the game Monday than wait for it until after Christmas and deal with all the hassle and have another $60+ tied up at Amazon. I have missed a discount of $3 or $4 before and never really felt bad about it, but the full $20 is a little much. Oh well....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just pulled the trigger too... not even sure if I'll play it, but I'll probably never see it this cheap again! Merry Christmas to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoresfilm wrote:
Yeah, I just pulled the trigger too... not even sure if I'll play it, but I'll probably never see it this cheap again! Merry Christmas to me!
This deal just got INSANE with the fact you can pair it with 10 dollars saved on 100 for today only using your MC. Time to "reorder" Runewars so I can save some extra buck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hartman
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah, yeah, I had to buy this too. Not sure it will ever see the table, but if nothing else it will be a potential trade item. Now I'm going to have to decide whether to open it and admire the pieces. Who am I kidding, of course I will! Hopefully I'll be inspired to find a group to play it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, hell. I tried like mad to convince myself I didn't need this but I lost. Pulled the trigger on the main game. Thanks for the heads up, OP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In for one, too good to pass up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mansolil wrote:
2 big coffin games (+expansion) that won't be played (in the foreseeable future) bought and paid for. Thanks for nothing Amazon! Keep putting the heroin on sale...

It's funny, 'cause it's true!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Maybe Amazon is doing their patriotic duty in stimulating the economy all by themselves. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$80 plus is not a bargain if I'll never get it to the table. I think I'm getting better at passing on great deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Miscavish
United States
St. Joseph
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyFrog wrote:
$80 plus is not a bargain if I'll never get it to the table. I think I'm getting better at passing on great deals.

This, Runewars, and Chaos in the Old World are all in my Amazon cart right now. I'm not sure if I'll find these prices on these games again.

Then again, I don't much care for Ameritrash, and my wife hates it even worse. Heck, we can't even play CITOW 2 player.

Then again, a niggling voice says "But someday..."

What if I need trade bait later? Couldn't I just drop these in a math trade later?

Ugh...if it wasn't Christmas, I think I'd have pulled the trigger by now.

P.S. My wife flat out said 'no' to more games...that doesn't mean I've removed them from my cart, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Baumeister
United States
MILWAUKEE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmiscavish wrote:
P.S. My wife flat out said 'no' to more games...that doesn't mean I've removed them from my cart, though.

I was weak and purchased Twilight Imperium + expansions. Same boat here...beautiful game and great deal...that may never hit the table. Whenever I ask my significant other what I should do, she encourages me to buy them. She's a bad influence. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.