Xarls Taunzund wrote:
I absolutely love L5R, so this game has my interest piqued. The problem is, all of the cards I own were produced in the 20th century. So how well does this work with Strict Jade (or not so strict) decks?
Havn't tested it myself, but I could see it working fine. You don't have to worry as much about some of the jank that can crop up like massive honor or dishonor bombs since you use the Paths as victory conditions instead of the normal ones.
You'll probably want to ban any of those cards that have alternate victory conditions, too.
There was a Legacy (the "Open" environment for L5R http://rules.l5r.com/Legacy_Format_Changes_to_the_Current_Ru...) tournament for WoH a while back, and the cards they banned were:
- Minor Oni Servant (Follower)
- Rise from the Ashes (Spell)
- Take the Initiative (Strategy)
- Breach of Etiquette (Strategy)
- The Master of Five (Event)
- A Favor Returned (Holding)
- Shrine of the Spirits (Stronghold)
- The High House of Light (Stronghold)
Something that'll also help whenever it comes out is the Oracle of the Void, the upcoming card database that has all the old cards re-formatted text-wise to comply with newer editions. That might help iron out any compatibility issues.