John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Legend of Drizzt for the first time and am enjoying the experience. However poison is really nasty in this game, I've died a couple times already because of it.

My question is if I use a healing surge will it cleanse all negative effects on my character when he is revived?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the Poisoned condition remains although you get a slight reprieve since poison damage is taken (and ignored since you are at 0 HP) before the healing surge takes effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply, was afraid of that lol. I'm playing mission 2 with Wulfgar and Drizzt and neither of them can roll over a 10 to save their life, literally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
No, the Poisoned condition remains although you get a slight reprieve since poison damage is taken (and ignored since you are at 0 HP) before the healing surge takes effect.

Are you sure about the timing? I thought the healing surge was first, followed by poison resulting in 1dm.

I don't have the books handy, but I believe the healing surge is always the first thing to happen since it also indicates victory/fail conditions. Your timing would suggest that if a hero with 0hp and no surges left still gets time to be attacked by poison before the game ends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to play it that way too but someone had posted about it on these forums. The Hero phase lists checking the hero's HP (and the necessity to use a healing surge) as the first step.

Poisoned says to take 1 damage at the start of the hero phase which I now believe means before taking any steps in the hero phase including using the healing surge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
I used to play it that way too but someone had posted about it on these forums. The Hero phase lists checking the hero's HP (and the necessity to use a healing surge) as the first step.

Poisoned says to take 1 damage at the start of the hero phase which I now believe means before taking any steps in the hero phase including using the healing surge.

The rules say just that regarding Poison: the damage is applied before a Healing Surge token is applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote from rule book on page 10: "While Poisoned, your Hero takes 1 damage at the beginning of your Hero Phase. Take this damage before using any Treasure cards and before checking to see if your Hero must spend a Healing Surge."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.