Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Good
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been any news about expansions for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mb
Buy the game, tell your friends to buy the game, then there will be an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schneider
Germany
Regensburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airdroppers wrote:
Buy the game, tell your friends to buy the game, then there will be an expansion.

I second that^^

Also there's stuff in the game hinting at expansions. Like Abilities referring to undead heroes when there are none in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
More tiles please
Can't wait to get my copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A standalone set would work, I don't know that I need more normal tiles though unless they expand the game to allow more players.

I mostly want new bosses. I'm guessing we'll get one hero per Summoner War's faction, which would mean about the number of heroes I'd like.

More encounter and treasure might hurt deck consistencies unless they're done as optional decks that you can choose to switch out with the originals rather than adding them together. Otherwise you might see a game where only War equipment pops up in treasure and there are no War heroes in play. Encounter deck inflation could be bad, too, since you might end up drawing a ton of traps and no monsters.

Or they could add some new mechanism for drawing from new cards, like how Cosmic Encounter added a Rewards deck in its first expansion rather than inflating the original deck. For instance, have new special tiles that specifically draw from new, smaller decks that have more powerful enemies but more useful equipment.

I wish I had played the original solitaire game now so I'd have an idea of what might be coming. Can't wait to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bertram
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airdroppers wrote:

Bought it. Played twice. Love it.

On the chance that the developers of the game are reading, I'll post my personal expansion wish list here.

I agree completely with the posters that say they don't need more standard dungeon tiles. The game plays out nicely with the tiles it has. Keeping the "standard" tiles consistent throughout expansions could also save production costs, and make the expansions less expensive. If they released only a new set of green tiles with an expansion, they could still add theme, but not need to reprint all those standard tiles.

Speaking of theme, I personally think it would be cool if they looked to some of the "better" 1st edition AD&D modules for inspiration. Some modules I think might provide excellent inspiration: A1-4 Scourge of the Slave Lords. D1-2 and D3 Descent into the Depths of the Earth, and Vault of the Drow. G1-2-3 Against the Giants. GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders. I3-5 Desert of Desolation. I6 Ravenloft. Q1 Queen of the Demonweb Pits. S1 Tomb of Horrors. T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil. I'd guess most of these have been borrowed from heavily enough that even a thinly veiled adaptation would probably be legally doable. Of course maybe not. I'm no lawyer. Or even work out a deal with Wizards (or whoever the current copyright holders are) to directly theme the games on the modules like they did for another game I can't remember the name of.

What would also be nice is if they provided something similar to RTL for Descent that would let you keep track of your characters progress over a campaign, and make the expansions campaign friendly with the option to create new characters. The above list of 1st edition modules could provide a most excellent and expansive campaign track.

I'd probably also fork out some money for REASONABLY priced painted minis, although I have almost a complete substitute set with D&D minis. I guess I just don't understand the "unpainted mini" thing in generic fantasy themed board games. You can buy painted minis on line so cheap, I can't see how it's not possible to provide some painted minis for a small price increase, and not use it for a price gouging opportunity like they did for the Defenders of the Realm painted minis. It even makes good marketing sense, because more people would surely buy the game if the minis were painted, and most board game people I know never paint minis. So there really isn't even a believable "hobby" reason to put unpainted minis in the game. Oh well, I guess the good thins is that most of the generically themed games have a lot of similar characters, so if you buy your own you don't have to buy a complete set for each game.

I'd be happy with ANY expansion however, and will buy it the day it hits the shelf.

Oh, and an official rules update would be nice answering some of the questions people have asked in forums. I don't personally have any unanswered questions, but having all the rules clarifications in one place would be nice to print out and put in the game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Michigan Gamers
United States
Petoskey
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's been well over two years since Plaid Hat announced DR2- no news since. Then Mr. Bistro announces that new artwork is "coming soon"- that was 5 months ago now. It's fine if there have been unforeseen hold ups on this project, but don't leave us in the dark about it. All I've seen from Mr. Bistro is empty promises- don't announce a project with no intention of living up to it. I posted a comment addressing my frustration about this on Plaid Hat's website and it was taken down, so I'm commenting here where they can't censor me. I'm through with DR2 and Plaid Hat games in general, moving on to Arcadia Quest- looks like a much better game anyway. If anyone is looking for a copy of Dungeon Run mine will be on E-bay this afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.