Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Few questions arose tonight as I was playing solo.

1. Can you take a die from the source even if you don't use it to re-roll the die? I was in a situation at night with 3 black and 1 yellow. I had no use for black at all at this point in the game.

2. When a card says "take one die from the source, set it to any basic color and take 2 mana tokens of that color" I assume you can take a die that is dead. What I mean is at night I assume I can take a gold die from the source to do the above, which helps recycle the source.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you can use dead dice with mana grab, or whatever that card is called. Mana draw, that's it. The rules say you can never use the "dead" dice, so I assume that applies in this case. There is a tactic card that allows you to reroll dead dice, but this is specifically stated on the card.

As to your first point, I seem to recall something saying you actually had to use the die you take from the source, but I'm not certain about that one.

Yes, page 4 of the main rulebook, Using Mana, 3b: Players are not allowed to take a die and then not use the mana it provides.

Edit: I'm starting to think you can reroll the dead dice with Mana Draw because the rules refer to mana being unusable, not the dice. But it does seem unclear and could use a clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
using dead die for abilities is allowed (if they are on the day / night mat). There is one advanced action card that says you MUST choose the dead dice to reroll before taking any of the other dice - can't remember the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Night Tactic card "Mana Search" says "Once per turn, before you use mana from the Source, you may reroll up to two mana dice in the Source. When choosing dice to reroll, you must pick gold (depleted) dice first, if there are any."
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željko Kumer
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Life is like a photo, if you smile it turns out better!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Edit: I'm starting to think you can reroll the dead dice with Mana Draw because the rules refer to mana being unusable, not the dice. But it does seem unclear and could use a clarification.

i think this was answered in the FAQ thread. yes, with mana draw you can roll depleted dice if you want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.