Hide
7 Posts

Citadels» Forums » General

Subject: Does Citadels the card game have player elimination? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Burg
msg tools
Hi there, does Citadels have player elimination? You know like in Monopoly where each player is eliminated until there is only one winner? I hate player elimination. Usually those players that are eliminated go off and do other things away from the group and don't want to play another game, many times they don't even want to socialize anymore either. That is the very opposite of what I believe a game is supposed to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Players remain in the game until the end.

The game is over when someone builds enough buildings. Until that point, everyone is in. And even if someone gets to the final number of buildings first, they don't always win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, when the assassin kills someone, they only kill the character for that round. Everyone remains in play the next round and continues building buildings until someone scores enough points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Burg
msg tools
Thanks for the quick replies. You all are invited to my next game night. Snacks are on me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Just being curious: why did you post this in the general forum, instead of the one for Carcassonne? Or why didn't you check the information there - reviews and the like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Octatrack
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
Just being curious: why did you post this in the general forum, instead of the one for Carcassonne? Or why didn't you check the information there - reviews and the like?

I think this post would be even more out of place on the Carcassonne forum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the General Gaming forum to the Citadels General forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.