Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hy,
as the title says, this is not a thread about redesigning IE but to give ideas to those of you who have more artistic capabilities than i have. I have build IE a couple of days ago and had some fun time playing it, but over the course of finding out more about the roots i found some very interesting re-themes of Pandemic that gave me ideas. First of was Cleans the Stars a 40K themed version. Then came Star Wars - Pandemie or how i would call it: Rebellion Wipe-out So there is plenty of potential to re-re-engineer that into express mode. But i had some original ideas that would work in both scenarios too and could have some educational impact:
How about a game of Immunity Express? The map is you own body, the roles are dived upon the different parts of you immune system and cities become organs... Biology classes would be so much more fun...
And when we are at a school, why not tackle one of worst problems we have in schools today: Rumors and Mobbing. Rumor Room express could have rumors or nicknames as threats and classrooms or social groups inside the school as cities were the player must move around in.
If you like it bigger but not so big: Rio de Janeiro Express would have you in the majors seat trying to get rid of all those gangs in the different favelas...
Or to get back to SciFi: Star Trek The Classic Express would set you against Tribbles, salt-hungry shape shifters and all that other scum. Speaking of scum: Men in Black Express in Manhattan anyone?
There are many more ways to go about this coop game and i would love to hear more of yours and of course that someone is inspired enough to actually do one these
Thanks for the time
KG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oakey
United Kingdom
Dartford
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have a nice idea for a police versus gangs retheme of this. I haven't spent much time on it yet, but I can see it working well. Would need to tweak some of the rules a little, but it could be good.

Nice ideas in there though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.