Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Harding
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it cost a movement to embark or dis-embark a galley. I know you can't move into the province with the galley on its coastline then embark OR dis-embark then move to an adjoining province. But an example states you can embark, move two spaces, leave the shoreline then enter another shoreline in the same seaspace, then dis-embark in the same turn. The only way you can do that is if you are only carrying leaders and cavalry with movement of two. Unless the embark and dis-embark are free moves. Nothing said about this in the rules. Anyone know?
Thank you
Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Troops are not allowed to move the turn they embark or disembark, so effectively embarking/disembarking takes up their whole movement. It is possible to do both on the same turn:
faq wrote:
Can a Galley pick up and then drop off the same units in one move?
A: Yes, that is possible. If a Galley begins on a coastline with friendly troops in that province, it could pick them up (embark), then move into an adjacent sea space (that’s 1 movement point for the Galley) and then land again on another coastline adjacent to that sea space (that’s the 2nd movement point for the Galley). The troops cannot move either before embarkation or after debarkation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.