England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could a card like this work?

Quote:
All Of This Has Happened Before
Action: Discard 1 random skill card (cannot play this card if you don't have at least one skill card) to select a discarded crisis and put it to the top of the crisis deck. Then remove this card from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds more like someone's OPG (and should be discard your entire hand, so you can't spike or pass it).

How would the Quorum of 12 enable this? That's what the quorum deck is supposed to do. It's not politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
That sounds more like someone's OPG (and should be discard your entire hand, so you can't spike or pass it).

How would the Quorum of 12 enable this? That's what the quorum deck is supposed to do. It's not politics.

Well Consult the Oracle isn't exactly political either.
But I see your point.
I think it is time to whip up an Elosha for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Elosha - Support, 2 politics, 1 leadership
Spiritual Advisor:
You may look at the top 2 cards of Destiny Deck before making a Skill Check on your turn. You may then reshuffle it (you may not look at it again)
All of This Has Happened Before: Action: Once per game discard 3 random skill cards to look through the discarded crisis cards and place one on the top of the crisis deck.
Will Not Fight: You only draw 3 cards at the beginning of your turn.

like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Better than the quorum card, but way overpowered. Her OPT is excellent, her card draw is great, and her negative is hardly worth mentioning. Drop it to 3 cards and I'd think it would be better.

If you look at the base game, the characters with the worst card draws (Boomer and Starbuck) have the single best OPGs. That's by design, since they're getting so many cards that aren't great for crises. Plus their OPTs are also among the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How's "Any time you play one or more skill cards, either for their text effects or contribute to a skill check, you must discard a skill card" and then bump up her card draw back to 5 with 1:Any.

Thematically, it makes everything she says/does layered in gibberish (the discard).

Whooops. I'm thinking "The Oracle", not "Elosha". Elosha was understandable and didn't babble. Ignore this, sorry.

But I like my downside for an oracle, I just can't see her as a viable character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As written she's very powerful David.

Her OPG is great whether you're a Cylon or a human. You can pick a CAC at exactly the right moment to really decimate the humans or you can recall something that bumps the jump track or if you need to brig the current player you can recall one of the "Fail: Current Player goes to the brig."

Her OPT is also amazing, if you keep 2 positive skill cards on top it's just incredible knowledge to have for knowing how much to contribute. Even if you end up reshuffling the destiny deck that player has an advantage of what's in the deck and if those cards appear later as negatives she might be able to not accuse certain players.

The OPT is thematic and I like things like that a lot, but her drawback would have to be severe like drawing only 3 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, downeymb already convinced me of that. Her draw shall be 2 politics, 1 leadership then.

Watch out for her in my next PBF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, for her OPT, she looks at the top 2 cards of Destiny, places them back on top, and then has the OPTION of shuffling the deck, correct?

And the way it's currently worded, it sounds like you could do that for EVERY skill check on your turn. Is this correct as well?

For the OPG, after looking through the discarded crises, does she HAVE to put one up? or can she decide not to?

And the 3-card draw is really harsh, but not entirely unwarranted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's way I meant it.
Cally's ability works on every skill check, also.
I'd say she has to put something up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think that she is a little over powered, but I still want to try her out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

She's not really a "Support" so I stole the "Civilian" idea from someone on this site. Please speak up if it was you. I also named her "Priestess" as per her Ionian Nebula name. Are these changes OK? Oh, and I just guessed President's Office as Setup.

Any wording changes?

Also,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
President's Office is perfect.
Priestess is perfect.

Not loving the civilian class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Blue characters should have blue draws. That was my reasoning. Don't worry, I made two versions, just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:

Blue characters should have blue draws. That was my reasoning. Don't worry, I made two versions, just in case.

Thank you! You're, again, great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFlatline wrote:

1) Looks good, wording changes though. I might say "three cards from your hand" for her OPG to keep clear, though that's relatively minor.

2) Her "turn" skill check needs to be reworded. It needs to say "before initiating a skill check" or "before adding destiny to a skill check". Otherwise I could argue that "making" a skill check could happen in way different stages of the skill check.

3) As errata I might say that you have to have 3 cards in your hand in order to use her OPG the way Roslin needs to have 2 skill cards to discard to use locations. As a benefit, this gives the cylons something to say "no man, I need to hold onto these cards for the next turn so I don't screw myself royally. I can't contribute."

1) Yes, I actually had that in, but I removed it due to space issues. It's not intuitive to do word processing in Paint.NET (Photoshop/GIMP baffles me), so I couldn't be bothered to change the font size.

2) I borrowed the wording from Dee's OPG, which I figured would have the same timing.

3) Yeah I agree with the errata. I believe there's an overarching rule - something like, "if you're forced to discard, and can't, no problem, but if you WANT to discard, and can't, then you can't follow through". Applies to Engine Room, too.

I can change these if you'd like, if you want to use it for personal reasons. It shouldn't take me too long. Just drop me a line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:

1) Looks good, wording changes though. I might say "three cards from your hand" for her OPG to keep clear, though that's relatively minor.

2) Her "turn" skill check needs to be reworded. It needs to say "before initiating a skill check" or "before adding destiny to a skill check". Otherwise I could argue that "making" a skill check could happen in way different stages of the skill check.

3) As errata I might say that you have to have 3 cards in your hand in order to use her OPG the way Roslin needs to have 2 skill cards to discard to use locations. As a benefit, this gives the cylons something to say "no man, I need to hold onto these cards for the next turn so I don't screw myself royally. I can't contribute."

1) Yes, I actually had that in, but I removed it due to space issues. It's not intuitive to do word processing in Paint.NET (Photoshop/GIMP baffles me), so I couldn't be bothered to change the font size.

2) I borrowed the wording from Dee's OPG, which I figured would have the same timing.

3) Yeah I agree with the errata. I believe there's an overarching rule - something like, "if you're forced to discard, and can't, no problem, but if you WANT to discard, and can't, then you can't follow through". Applies to Engine Room, too.

I can change these if you'd like, if you want to use it for personal reasons. It shouldn't take me too long. Just drop me a line.

I've always ruled that the "discard X to do Y" means you cannot do Y if you don't have X... So this seems fine by me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.