Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Britt Strickland
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, everyone. I moved to Banbury a few months ago from New York and am looking for other board gamers to play with.

I play a wide variety of games, including historical war board games, fantasy and science fiction games, Euro-style games, and a wide variety of card games.

Let me know if there are clubs or other options in Banbury.

While I get quite busy and can't always make it to a game, I am itching to get back to it.

Thanks,

Britt Strickland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the UK Britt. Have a look on the UK FAQ page for clubs. There are several in Oxford and one in Coventry, so fairly close, but none on your doorstep.

Alternatively, clicking on the union jack below your username next to your post allows a search for UK users in Banbury or Oxfordshire.

Geekmailing
Ben Tate
United Kingdom
Banbury
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or
Lizbeth
United Kingdom
banbury
oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
would be a good place to start. Ben is a wargamer as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:

Clicking on the union jack below your username next to your post allows a search for UK users in Banbury or Oxfordshire

Didn't know that, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Gordon
United Kingdom
Carterton
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I belong to one of the clus who meet in Oxford on a Tuesday Night.

See www.OxfordMeeples.org for more information, or PM me.

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Britt Strickland
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. Good to know there are game sessions I can get to. Keep me in mind if you find out about anyone nearer to home. I would love to come down and join some of your for a game in the Oxford area at some point.

Sincerely,

Britt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Reynolds
United Kingdom
Brackley
Northants
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a small games club in Brackley, which is 15 to 20 minutes from Banbury. A couple of guys travel from Banbury to the club.

We meet on Tuesday's from 7.30pm to 10.30pm at a local school hall.

Also we're having a full days gaming this coming Sunday (22nd). We aim to do this 3 or 4 times a year.

Last Tuesday we played Lords of Vegas and Wazabi, previous times we've played El Grande, Last Night on Earth, Shogun, Survive, Cadwallon, A Game of Thrones, Bang, Seven Dragons, Battlestar Galactica, and Merchants & Marauders, to give you an idea.

We also have miniatures gamers who play 40k, WHFB, Warmachine, Malifaux, plus others.

Drop me an email at frankareynolds@hotmail.com, if you'd like to know more.

Regards,

Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Britt Strickland
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, that is good news. I would really like to come join you guys sometimes. I like the games you guys are playing too. I have guests this weekend but some of those Sundays sound good too.
Let's talk more.

Best,

Britt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ricky shorter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, apologies for dredging up an old thread, but after doing some Google searches this is the most promising result I have found, and as I'm in a similar situation to the OP (except from Sussex, rather than the US!) it seemed appropriate to post here rather than create my own thread.

That out of the way, I had a few additional questions;
Is the club still meeting? Although the replies are from January, I have seen clubs fall apart in less time.
Do any of you play CCG's at all? MTG primarily, although there is a new one called Shadow Era that I am interested in too. Physical cards aren't readily available for that, however, at least not yet.
That's it for now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Reynolds
United Kingdom
Brackley
Northants
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Brackley club is still going strong - meets on Tuesdays and we have an all day session on Sunaday July 1.

No MtG players though - boardgames and miniatures are the favs. Occassional game of Seven Wonders and other card games, but no CCG.

Let me know ifyou want to know more

FR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ricky shorter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Well I don't currently own any MtG cards anyway, played it for years, but stopped about 10 years ago, still interested in the game so if there was a scene already I might have joined it!
As for miniatures, it's a similar story - used to collect Dark Elves and Chaos for Warhammer Fantasy, but stopped around the same time. Difference is that I still have all of the minis. Don't have any way of transporting them though, and my only personal transport is a motorbike anyway, not the best for carting around 2000 point armies!
I've recently been watching the Tabletop series on Youtube - presented by Wil Wheaton and produced by Felicia Day - which is what has reawakened my interest. I may well just come along and hang out, maybe join in with a few games, see how it goes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Reynolds
United Kingdom
Brackley
Northants
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd be more than welcome to drop by and browse! Can always find you a place on a game, so just come along.

That said, we won't be there on Tuesday 3rd July - the school we meet at is closed for some event or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gadd
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
Heya!

If your looking for a good meeting place, there is a shop opening in Leamington Spa soon. Check us out athttps://m.facebook.com/TheGamesDenLeamington

We are a shorter train journey from Banbury than Coventry is and we have a shorter easier walk to find us. We also have much cheaper parking.

There's a calender of events on the page and no matter what you are into there's almost always someone else who'll play it with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Hellon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hey, I moved to Banbury about a year ago,and I would love to play some games - are the board game groups still going, and have any new groups popped up?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Emma. Brackley's still going strong and you're welcome to come along.

I believe the Oxford club mentioned in this thread is still going, equally strong, as well, as is a club in Banbury. I've never been to either of them though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Cox
United Kingdom
Bicester
flag msg tools
BOO!
badge
I do really love fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
DamsonLoade wrote:
Hey, I moved to Banbury about a year ago,and I would love to play some games - are the board game groups still going, and have any new groups popped up?

thanks!

I am part of a group that meets in Bicester every other Thursday at a pub.

Bicester Board Gamers

We play a range of different board games and normally arrange more frequent meetings at other peoples houses from there.

Or for more miniature based gaming Ambrosden Gaming runs on a Monday night and also isn't too far away.

I have also heard of North Oxfordshire gamers who meet in Banbury but I have never been so don't know any more about them!

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Britt Strickland
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm glad to see folks are still communicating to each other about gaming in the Banbury area through this thread. I have moved since my original post, but I hope some good gaming emerges for you all.

Best regards,

Britt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Hellon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Coxy5 wrote:
DamsonLoade wrote:

thanks!

I am part of a group that meets in Bicester every other Thursday at a pub.

Bicester Board Gamers

We play a range of different board games and normally arrange more frequent meetings at other peoples houses from there.

Or for more miniature based gaming Ambrosden Gaming runs on a Monday night and also isn't too far away.

I have also heard of North Oxfordshire gamers who meet in Banbury but I have never been so don't know any more about them!

Hope that helps!

I think I'm going to have to learn to drive :s

I think the North Oxfordshire gamers are just wargamers right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Cox
United Kingdom
Bicester
flag msg tools
BOO!
badge
I do really love fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know they are mainly war gamers but geeks tend to hang around with geeks so you might find a board gamer there!

It is a shame you can't drive! Get learning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure we have people come over from Banbury fairly regularly, maybe you could hitch a lift?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie G
England
flag msg tools
new user
Hi Emma,

I run a board game group that plays in Witney every other Tuesday or Wednesday evening. I know that’s a little far for you perhaps but you’re more than welcome to come along and play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.