Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Runewars: Banners of War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flexible Mobility Commander Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
card text wrote:
At the start of a battle in which you are defending, you may swap any standing friendly units in the contested area with the same number of friendly standing units from adjacent areas (ignoring borders). The units moved out of the contested area are then routed.


I don't get the ignoring borders part. Does it mean you can switch units across a mountain (red border) or not?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
card text wrote:
At the start of a battle in which you are defending, you may swap any standing friendly units in the contested area with the same number of friendly standing units from adjacent areas (ignoring borders). The units moved out of the contested area are then routed.


I don't get the ignoring borders part. Does it mean you can switch units across a mountain (red border) or not?

I clearly understand it that you can ignore red and blue borders, as the term border is used exclusively with adjecency and these two colours.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, ignoring borders allows you to move them across water/mountains; I think it was put there to emphasize this, since all other moving into adjacent areas must still follow border restrictions.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is always in the last place you look
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Indeed, ignoring borders allows you to move them across water/mountains; I think it was put there to emphasize this, since all other moving into adjacent areas must still follow border restrictions.


Does this command card allow the player to swap units that have already been activated in the adjacent area?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KeyserSoze wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
Indeed, ignoring borders allows you to move them across water/mountains; I think it was put there to emphasize this, since all other moving into adjacent areas must still follow border restrictions.


Does this command card allow the player to swap units that have already been activated in the adjacent area?

That's a good question. My initial thought would be "no", since normally units in activated areas can't be moved out, and the card doesn't specifically change that. However, it's possible this was meant to be an exception to that.

Let me submit a question to Corey.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Scott;

If the Commander was supporting a unit that is swapped out, does the Commander support the new unit and move to its initiative row or remain on the initiative row for the original unit that was removed?

Thx
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
Hey Scott;

If the Commander was supporting a unit that is swapped out, does the Commander support the new unit and move to its initiative row or remain on the initiative row for the original unit that was removed?

Thx

No to both. If you assign the hero to a unit type, and then all of that unit type are out of the battle for whatever reason, you won't draw any cards, so the support is useless. Swapping all the chosen units out of battle would be kind of a poor choice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
Indeed, ignoring borders allows you to move them across water/mountains; I think it was put there to emphasize this, since all other moving into adjacent areas must still follow border restrictions.


Does this command card allow the player to swap units that have already been activated in the adjacent area?

That's a good question. My initial thought would be "no", since normally units in activated areas can't be moved out, and the card doesn't specifically change that. However, it's possible this was meant to be an exception to that.

Let me submit a question to Corey.

By the way, I did get an answer, and it's in the Rulings document. My initial thought was wrong, you can move units out of activated areas using this card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.