Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules say if you have an offensive card, you must play it. If you don't have one discard a defensive card and draw a new card. In essence passing your turn. Keep this as it is. However, the rules state if you have a defensive card you must play it. If you don't have one, discard an offensive card and draw a new card.

I've found in some cases you only have 1 defensive card and it's a very good one while your opponent played a fairly weak offensive card. In the variant, you are not required to play a defensive card if you have one, but by not doing so you will take the full damage (pending the roll, of course), and you will not draw a card (since you did not discard an offensive card)

This won't add too much strategy to the game, but at least it will allow you to decide weather or not to play a defensive card or save it for later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious. My rules explicitly say you don't have to play a defensive card if you don't want to. It is in the special circumstances section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have clarified, it was a variant my group came up with.

We had cases where someone had just 1 defensive card and was 'forced' to use it against a weak offensive card. The group agreed it would make the game have a little more decision making if the person could opt not to play a defensive card (ie: if the attack was weak and they wanted to save their really good defensive card against a stronger attack)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.