Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played this game a few times, and while I enjoy it immensely, I could see it rethemed for a Supervillain / mad scientist / evil organization motif. It doesn't need a retheme of course ... I was just thinking in the style of Zombieminion (zombified dominion).

The wonders would be evil plans, resource cards would be henchmen, civilian structures become crimes, military structures become doomsday devices ... and I haven't figured out the rest ...

-Munch "Spectre vs Cobra vs Hydra, oh my" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why, that would be similar to Mwahahaha!, don't you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played Mwahahaha!. Does it use the same drafting mechanism as 7 Wonders?

-Munch "or is it just because it is a supervillain retheme that you are saying it is the same?" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it does not have a similar drafting mechanism. But it uses resources to build a doomsday device, every player has it own (or several), differnet buildings that generate resource and henchmen - soe apart from the drafting, quite similar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So 7 Wonders as is, is a very similar game to Mwahaha?

-Munch "wacky no one has made the connection before" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
well
I'd say that the most important and outstandig part in 7 wonders is the card drafting mechanic.
And Mwahaha does not have that. So it's not similar. It's not even close. It has a totally different playing experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So 7 Wonders rethemed with a villain organization motif would not be at all similar to Mwahaha

-Munch "Just like Zombieminion, the Zombie Dominion retheme plays nothing like Last Night On Earth" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Why are the mad scientists attacking each other with their doomsday devices instead of superheroes or the civilian population or whatever?

It's certainly a doable retheme, but the whole card-drafting-for-victory-points setup just doesn't scream supervillain to me. Gaining victory points for building structures with no practical effect is perfectly fine when your objective is simply to have the most advanced civilization, but it seems like it would be rather less exciting them you're supervillains trying to do nasty things to the populace. The mechanics fit the civilization/wonder-building theme to me; they don't fit a comic book battle theme in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking on that one, and I feel Military Structures work better as 'traps' ... but I'm not sure I can explain it right. The -1 vp for defeat would be replaced by a James Bond type token. With the red tokens being dead enemy agents. Whoever has the most base defense kills the most agents trying to sneak in. Whoever has the least gets an Agent infiltrated.

-Munch "that works a bit better thematically" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.