Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Charlie Brown Christmas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’

http://thefw.com/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-a-c...

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very nice read. I just bought the Blu-ray combo pack of Charlie Brown holiday favorites, which includes the Christmas.

Have to share with the kiddos, ya know? :^)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved this show in my younger days... Ah to be young again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asili Eiliaz
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
12. It completely culturally eclipses the far superior theatrical follow-up, "A Boy Named Charlie Brown," which is not only less preachy and more accessible but also just plain better all around.

/vent
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The soundtrack is my favorite Christmas album ever.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leesa
United States
louisville
ky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
The soundtrack is my favorite Christmas album ever.


there's a soundtrack?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oscal wrote:
berserkley wrote:
The soundtrack is my favorite Christmas album ever.


there's a soundtrack?


Yes, there is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Charlie_Brown_Christmas_(albu...)

I think it's still in print; it's pretty easy to find.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As with most of the peanuts stuff, I remember loving it as a kid. Now, even though I still enjoy stuff like The Grinch, and think Frosty and Rudolph are fun if not that great, I think that the Peanuts shows are very literally unwatchable. If I had to some up a review it would be godawful and preachy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leesa
United States
louisville
ky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
As with most of the peanuts stuff, I remember loving it as a kid. Now, even though I still enjoy stuff like The Grinch, and think Frosty and Rudolph are fun if not that great, I think that the Peanuts shows are very literally unwatchable. If I had to some up a review it would be godawful and preachy.


How is the Great Pumpkin godawful and preachy? shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When Lucy says, "If we can find out what you're afraid of, then we can label it."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leesa
United States
louisville
ky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
When Lucy says, "If we can find out what you're afraid of, then we can label it."



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
The soundtrack is my favorite Christmas album ever.

Yes! This is our default terrible xmas music.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oscal wrote:
BoB3K wrote:
As with most of the peanuts stuff, I remember loving it as a kid. Now, even though I still enjoy stuff like The Grinch, and think Frosty and Rudolph are fun if not that great, I think that the Peanuts shows are very literally unwatchable. If I had to some up a review it would be godawful and preachy.


How is the Great Pumpkin godawful and preachy? shake

Each one has it's own varying levels of godawefulness and preachyness. I think they do get better as they go. The great pumpkin has some good parts. So does the Thanksgiving one. I think more than preachiness, it's the non-actor kids and the surreal bugle-voiced parentless world that doesn't really come through in the comics but is there in full force in the cartoons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
berserkley wrote:
The soundtrack is my favorite Christmas album ever.

Yes! This is our default terrible xmas music.


Almost. It's my default classic Christmas album. For terrible Christmas music, I can go with Elmo and Patsy, the Barking Dogs album, that little kid who sings "Dear Mr, Jesus", Justin Bieber, 101 Strings, any Christmas album by Mitch Miller or Anita Bryant or Barbara Streisand. There's lots more, but I've got gifts to wrap. To Vince Guaraldi music.

Merry Christmas!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.