Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend owns this game and I would like something like it that can play fast lie some of the games in 44 do, any suggestions for a nubie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bmwrider wrote:
A friend owns this game and I would like something like it that can play fast lie some of the games in 44 do, any suggestions for a nubie

There are 4 other series in the same title though none play as fast as this: Battle Cry: 150th Civil War Anniversary Edition, BattleLore, Commands & Colors: Ancients, and Commands & Colors: Napoleonics.

What else do you like about it besides the quickness? 2-player? WWII theme? War theme?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Sirocco is considered the "Daddy" of all the Memoir games - very similar card play, two player, WW2 theme, etc.

It is not a bad little game- I own it, and have found it fun.

You can find it for sale here on BGG or on Ebay - it is an older game, and most likely it will be a used copy. But I think you would like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
bmwrider wrote:

There are 4 other series in the same title though none play as fast as this: Battle Cry: 150th Civil War Anniversary Edition, BattleLore, Commands & Colors: Ancients, and Commands & Colors: Napoleonics.

What else do you like about it besides the quickness? 2-player? WWII theme? War theme?

I like the game play, I like the war theme but I'm not looking for a war game so much just like this type of game mechanic, any theme would work any other type of simple war game would intrest me as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I 44 the fasted of this type of game. I know that it can be played in a 1/2 hr. a game that can be played that fast so people can get in other games is fun, the option to play longer isn't bad thing, I just like faster games, not into 2 hr. + games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the names mentioned cover most of your options. A lot of M44 gamers also play another light game, Tide of Iron. However, ToI, although light, is not as light as M44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never tried Tide of Iron myself but I can recommend Band of Brothers and Conflict of Heroes if you want fast play but more depth. That said, the Commands and Colors system is unique and any comparison to games out side of the C&C family is probably misleading.

Edit: to provide links

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any simple war game would be cool, I tried monsterpoc, and liked it so I guess I'm looking for light war games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Carpenter
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree. I like m44 because it is low-level quasi-operational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.