Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about getting the game, but I think I would prefer the roll out map because I intend to use wet erase pens. I know mayfair offers it on their website but I don't feel like paying FULL retail AND shipping.

I guess I could ask my FLGS about special it, but they seem to have a very sporadic distribution schedule so I might as well pony up a couple extra bucks to get it in a reasonable time...

In any case, anyone find this available online with another venue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW have you checked around for a bargain secondhand copy? Yes you'll get the entire game in used condition, but if the price is right...

OR

How about getting a roll of cellophane (seran wrap in the US? or is that cling film? surprise) : It's a thin transparent plastic which "clings" to the board due to static electricity, not the stuff you place over plates of food! I use it to great success on Martian Rails. cool

Diff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
I'm thinking about getting the game, but I think I would prefer the roll out map because I intend to use wet erase pens. I know mayfair offers it on their website but I don't feel like paying FULL retail AND shipping.

I guess I could ask my FLGS about special it, but they seem to have a very sporadic distribution schedule so I might as well pony up a couple extra bucks to get it in a reasonable time...

In any case, anyone find this available online with another venue?

This isn't directly responsive to your question, but I just played CR yesterday and the fellow who owned the copy had a large plexiglass piece that went over the entire board. We then drew our routes on that with dry erase markers. While not as convenient as the laminated map (since you can't roll it up), it's a pretty good approach because you can use the plexiglass over other similar games if you happen to have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.