Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I've got a 4 point colony planet, and I've got 3 colonization cards in my deck (and they're all in my hand as well), and I choose a colonization role, at that point, if I take my new 4th colony card, and place it and the other three I've got under the 4 point planet, am I now stuck? I can never claim any plant via colonization? Because every time I try to get another colony card via roles, I have to immediately put it under a planet again, so I can never get it in my deck to use it as an action.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you turn over the planet, you discard the colonize cards and therefore shuffle them back into the deck later.

That is, you have x cards under an x colonization planet. Next time you choose colonization, draw your colonize card #x+1, you "settle" and discard all x+1 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No -- even when you call Colonize as a role, you have a choice between adding the card to a planet *or* settling the planet instead (in which case the colonize cards under the planet, and the role card you just picked to to do the settle, all go to your discard pile)

Read the card carefully -- the leader bonus for colonize is being able to settle the planet. Warfare is the same way -- its leader bonus allows you to execute an attack instead.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I thought you could only get the leader effect when a stack was empty (I misread the sidebar note in the rules about the leader bonus available when stacks were empty), which I admit I thought was very strange. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
You gain the leader bonus when you lead (by choosing a role). So surveying is more effective when you're leader, since you get to look at one more planet as your leader bonus.

Also note that you can also get symbols from research cards -- this is especially useful if you don't have enough colonize or research symbols in your deck when it runs out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Oh, I thought you could only get the leader effect when a stack was empty (I misread the sidebar note in the rules about the leader bonus available when stacks were empty), which I admit I thought was very strange. blush

Just like Dave said, when you pick colonize as a role, you have a choice either to settle the planet or tuck the card underneath the planet.

Leader effect when a stack is empty only applies to Produce/Trade and Research. While for other cards, you get the leader effect immediately when you pick that card as a role.

I find it quite useful to buy level one tech card (given that you already conquer a planet previously) that has colonize symbol or an action that allow me to colonize/settle if you or others didn't want to deplete any stack quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.