Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Juhnke
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So short and sweet, if I use coffin nail to discard zombies from my hand and have No swag in discard, am I still able to perform zombie discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You can't pay the cost, so you don't get the benefit.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Luxmoore
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Demonbrn wrote:
So short and sweet, if I use coffin nail to discard zombies from my hand and have No swag in discard, am I still able to perform zombie discard?

The card text is mostly clear on this:

Draw a card
Discard any number of zombies in your hand. LOSE SWAG cards from your discard pile equal to the number of zombies discarded. (you may not discard more zombies then you have cards in your DISCARD PILE)

The bit in brackets on the card answers your question although it does leave a minor ambiguity: If you have only zombies in your discard pile then by the letter of the card you can potentially discard zombies without losing swag. (I think the bit in brackets should refer to swag cards just to make it simpler).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Draw a card
Discard any number of zombies in your hand. LOSE SWAG cards from your discard pile equal to the number of zombies discarded. (you may not discard more zombies then you have cards in your DISCARD PILE)

Just wanted to add that the Coffin Nail divider says that a player should draw two cards.

That's the way we play -- draw two cards then discard zombies if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Juhnke
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I always forget to read divider (kind of like faceeater and the rule section for extra card rules), and I guess I did overlook the brackets. Thanks everyone, still getting used to the dbg. Next up, keep an eye out for inquiries that are pretty odvious in the Runewars section, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.