Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The website says v1.3 is now open for preorder. But when will it be released? Will the amount charged right away or only nearing to the actual shipping? GBP225 is no small feast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bannerman
msg tools
Hi Lawrence
I am planning a print run in May/June this year. It would already be out if the recession had not hammered results for last year, and as a result we decided to do a wee bit more to the game:

1. £225 is the PRE ORDER price, chargeable at source.

2. Base price for the game is still to be confirmed but given the price of print the same as for a compact car.... We are projecting AT LEAST £275 after preorder - so a pretty fair discount.

3. All our games are currently post free direct from DE at www.tsww-online.com. This promotion cannot last due to the expense of doing this.

4. The delays have been unfortunate but have led us to:
A: Revise the Orbats totally. The changes for most people are minimal but you will get more Germans, different British units, and an OB that is tied directly into Mare Nostrum and Balkan Fury as we tied all that together (new information).
B: 2 Additional scenarios (for certain and maybe one more) with The Battle of Britian and Operation Sea Lion in the box. The additional one may be a "reality check" version of Sea Lion.
C: Market leading counters - our new printer is extremely good and will make sure we get very high quality print.
D: Revise Presentation on the Orbats, and the V1.3A rules - existing clients get a PDF of the paper, new clients get the printed version if thats what they pay for.

In the meantime we are working a slew of new products - I will comment on them later elsewhere on BBG and at our own website and on Consim world.

Sorry for the delay - but being laid up with a virus and with a really nasty chest infection slowed this email by 2 months.... more or less, which is unacceptable, and hopefully will not happen again.

Regards

John Bannerman
Director
DE Ltd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bannerman
msg tools
Hi All
In the review thread I posted this - but I thought I would comment here as well. We have confirmed the print order for V1.3. We are assured (please take a large pinch of snuff here as the print industry is not always reliable) that the counters will be with us by 1/6/2012.

That means a scheduled convention release date of 25/6/2012 looks to be a likely and viable proposition. We will be closing pre-order on the Blitz reprint on 5/6/2012 or thereabouts (ie once I have counters in hand).

Hope this clarifies things.

Regards

John Bannerman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bannerman
msg tools
Hi Guys
As you all know I usually sit on my hands with prices, and try to keep them under control. In this case the print job is more expensive than initially quoted (I am not enormously happy at this) and that means that the Retail Price for Blitzkrieg Colonel’s edition will be £275 Plus VAT where applicable commencing at 12pm Mountain Time, on the 24th of June.

We will continue to accept pre-orders upto that date.

Finally, a word on the counters. They look excellent. They are printed and die cut to the same standard as Balkan Fury, and whilst I hesitate to say “its cracked” as an issue, we do feel that we are well on the way to a repeatable print process. Thank god for that!

So, we will be shipping sold games as soon as we can, and we have announced how you can get the counter replacements. Next is to tell you exactly what is in the box:

1. Box. Its the Original box, but it comes in a lovely postal outer.
2. 17 map segments that can be split up into a variety of map groups to reduce overall space required to play the game.
3. Updated rules. These are V1.29 and are subject to further revision when we release Mare Nostrum. Basically they take on board the bulk of the errata and amendments we have issues via the list, add a few ideas we think help the game work better as a simulation, and retain in our view the playability that is already in the system.
4. Updated orders of battle. These include (partially) the period from the previous end of Blitz (June 1941) to the end of Mare Nostrum (June 1943). We will release a full set of OBs (a master set if you like) when we complete Mare Nostrum, which will provide all nations at war, as applicable to Europe from 1939-June 1943. This is as you can imagine, an enormous and challenging task. It is well underway. These will include additional data and at start information relating to Operation Sea Lion, and the Battle of Britain.
5. Updated and good quality counters for Blitz. 16 sheets, including German Army from war start to mid 1942. France till she quit the war (and a bit of “what if” to boot). The British Army to late 1942/early 1943 excluding things which really are at start or in Liberation and Mare Nostrum (actually there are a lot of those), The Belgian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish and Danish armies for the period. In addition we have air and naval units (fewer of the later) including some very interesting what if counters.
6. Charts. These have been revised slightly, and added to.

So, in general we are happy with the work done to get this to this stage. Now its over to you all... Thanks for your support, we could not do this without you, so please BUY the game!!!!

Regards

John Bannerman
Director
DE Ltd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bannerman
msg tools
Hi All
We are continuing to ship replacement counters. 17 more units are being posted or couriered today and Monday.

If you have NOT claimed them please contact me prior to 31/7/2012. If you do so you will ONLY pay a percentage of postage at £10 per set claimed. We need some proof of purchase from ourselves, plus a current delivery address and phone number (for couriers if booked by courier – which is decided based on volume and location).

If you purchased Blitz V1.0, v1.2 from a retailer ALL our retailers either have or will have stock of the counters by the end of next week at the latest as they are currently in the air out the country.

If you do NOT order the counters prior to 31/7/2012 you will pay full retail. We cannot make any exceptions due to the extreme cost of this undertaking.

Regards

John Bannerman
Director
DE Ltd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bannerman
msg tools
V1.3 is on sale now. It is likely to go limited stock by mid august so if you want it, order NOW from our retail partners or from www.tsww-online.com.

Cheers

John Bannerman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.