Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing solitaire, after a Mafia Bean Field has been harvested and is now empty, when exactly does it receive new cards?

1. In Phase 1 from one of your of your fields?

OR

2. In Phase 2 from your hand as a donation?

OR

3. In Phase 3 from one of the revealed cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,

actually, none of those.

even if one of the mafia bosses harvests during phase 1 (when they steal a common bean from your plantations), you just keep it that way.

first you play phase 2 (playing from hand), then phase 3 (dealing 3 cards to the market) and now you play phase 4 (planting beans), only before you proceed to phase 5 is when you have to make sure that all the mafia bosses have at least one bean each.

So now you can either give 'em one of the beans on the market which you are not interested in (and none of the other mafia bosses already has), or you may give 'em a card from your hand.

phase 4 is actually the only time you can willingly give the mafia bosses a card from your hand.

Hope this helped!
Pedro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Pedro,

So before phase 5 I must donate from my hand and/or give them one from the current market (3 turned up cards)?

We play Bohnanza a lot so I want to make sure I'm learning this one right too - that early stage learning curve can be a bit tricky on these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
True Dan, and the instructions for this one are a bit flimsy.

You summarised it perfectly though!

Before proceeding to phase 5 you must make sure all the mafia bosses have at least 1 Bean. You can donate from your hand or from the market any time during phase 4.

Quote:
So before phase 5 I must donate from my hand and/or give them one from the current market (3 turned up cards)?

Mind that while you draw cards for the market during phase 3, you will have to check for matching cards on the discard pile, so this might lead for a useless (to you) bean to pile up several cards and you might actually intend to donate that pile to a mafia boss! So the market is very likely to end up with way more than just 3 cards.

Also worth reminding (sometimes slips past rule-reader), when playing solitaire, you have the 3rd plantation from the beginning! No need to buy in solo version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Pedro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.