Wyatt Earp» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Missing The Broadside Of A Barn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
A four-player game of Wyatt Earp was a wild and wooly affair.

It looked like it was all over after two rounds, with J at $19,000, S at $14,000, R with $13,000 and B fumbling his way to a mere $9,000.

In Round 3, B collected a resounding $13,000 in bounties. J had painted a huge target on himself, and all of us took full advantage of that, S and R tying him at $23,000.

At the end of Round 4, iti looked as though S would run away with the victory, as the first outlaw scored garnered him a $4,000 reward, with no other sheriff sharing. When the final tally was made, S did have $31,000, as did R. B was able to tie them at the $31,000 mark, with J at . . . $ . . . 29,000.

Unable to hit the broadside of a barn during the entire game, R failed to hit the broadside of the OK Corral during the shootout (tiebreaker).
B took careful aim and missed completely, well While they were reloading for the second round of the tiebreaker, S hit the weather vane on the top of the stables to claim victory.

We have quite a few excellent players in our club, with J one of the best. It's always an accomplishment when you can finish a few points ahead of him. This was the first three-way tie we've ever had.

One of the things I like in our group is that whenever someone plays Billy the Kid, someone winds up singing the first few bars of "Billy, don't be a hero," which leads B to say, "I heard she threw that letter away," which, in turn, leads to a discussion of what era that song is set in and what it's about.

J thinks it was the ACW; B has always believed it was during the Indian Wars, mostly because it's a cavalry action.

As always, everyone had a good time with Wyatt Earp, the card game, I mean.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.