Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathieu Lemire
Canada
Ottawa/Hull
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Introduction:

After many weeks of wait, I was very exited to read yesterday that The Invasion of Crete scenario expansion is now available online.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/crete/

When I first learned about this expansion, I immediately went to read online about the Invasion of Crete. I am absolutely not an expert of the subject but I feel that the battles reproduced in this expansion are historically accurate (as much as it is possible to be).

I learned the news early in the morning when I was at work and I had a look at the scenarios. They all looked amazing and I was looking forward to play the first scenario.

The Maleme Airfield scenario feature mostly infantry units and one armor unit with only two instead of the usual three tanks. It was strange but at the same time interesting to put the BCF units on the regular green board (note that this not at all an obligation to do so).

Results:

I played this scenario twice both time solo.

Game 1:

Allies 6 - Axis 4

Game 2:

Allies 6 - Axis 4

On both games, the axis captured the airfield. On the first game one Axis infantry exited the board for one victory point. It came at a great cost and the axis ran out of good cards and resources to push further on that side.

General impressions of this scenario:

- lots of fun
- very tactical
- planning and strategy is fairly important on that one
- available for free online
- need the Terrain pack for the road and the airfield
- Mediterranean Terrain only used for the BCF armies so not really needed
- I think this would be a very good scenario to introduce new player to the game.

Final Comment

As a final comment I would say that this is an awesome first scenario for this expansion and I am looking forward to play all the other ones. In my humble opinion, DoW and Richard Borg did a wonderful Christmas present to their fans by putting this expansion for free on their website.

That being said, I am looking forward to my paper copy of this expansion that should be here next week

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.