Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed a Danger symbol on every 5th point on the villain track. Are you required to draw a Danger Card when landing on one of these points? If not, what are they used for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They just mark every fifth spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also for the Cooperative game, it states, "The Track Marker moves 1 step forward for every full 3 Fortune coins the Villains collect. This Fortune is then returned to the coin pool." So when a Villain receives 6 fortune from collecting an artifact, those coins immediately get discarded and the track marker moves up 2 points? This would mean that the villains would only hold 2 or less coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
Also for the Cooperative game, it states, "The Track Marker moves 1 step forward for every full 3 Fortune coins the Villains collect. This Fortune is then returned to the coin pool." So when a Villain receives 6 fortune from collecting an artifact, those coins immediately get discarded and the track marker moves up 2 points? This would mean that the villains would only hold 2 or less coins?

To the best of my understanding this is correct.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing to be wrong, but I don't think villains collect Fortune for artifacts recovered - rather,the Villain Track advances two spaces due to the Artifact being collected, then the Artifact is placed in a nicely guarded outpost for the Heroes to steal and sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm willing to be wrong, but I don't think villains collect Fortune for artifacts recovered - rather,the Villain Track advances two spaces due to the Artifact being collected, then the Artifact is placed in a nicely guarded outpost for the Heroes to steal and sell.

I might have to agree with you. Since Villains are always placed on the highest fortune artifact, my games always have the villains making bank which makes the very difficult. The rules should have probably said something about this though. This rulebook managed to leave a lot of detailed information that is important to gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree on the rules...an updated FAQ would be really nice - I played with the villains automatically converting artifacts into fortune for a few games, but the games were always unbalanced and the villains had an easy time winning. Hopefully that rule clarification gives your heroes a better chance - I implemented this correction in my last game and it made for a much more even and enjoyable game. I still find the Nazis extremely difficult, but maybe once we get a few more plays and develop a reasonable strategy, we'll have a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.