Subject: Where is the video tutorial from FFG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember watching a video tutorial of the second edition on the FFG site but now I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pirate Man
Australia
flag msg tools
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agot-bg-2nd-ed...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Not sure why FFG have hidden it so much.. The tutorial for the Card Game is up on youtube, has its own section on the Card Games page at FFG. This is randomly embedded out the way on a forum somewhere!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just post the link on the BGG game's main page so we can direct access in the future. It is waiting for a moderator approval. I think is a great video for newbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirateman wrote:

Oops, you have arrived at the wrong place!
There was an 404 error. It is possible that the content has been moved or deleted. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pirate Man
Australia
flag msg tools
SCRATCH THAT. modest It doesn't work any more. i don't know why.

I think they removed the links to it but were still hosting it and now they've realised it was still getting traffic due to threads like this they have completely removed it. That's just my theory anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urban Presker
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't understand this move by FFG. I wanted to share the video with my game group which I am inviting over to play the game for the first time...

Now I'll have to explain everything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched these videos and they were great teaching tools. I'm sad that they're gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tucker
msg tools
I sent FFG an email requesting to know why they were removed and asking that they be re-added. Does anyone know when abouts they went missing? I haven't actually seen them myself, I just purchased the game and have seen that same broken link on several forums. I'm trying to introduce the game to a group of 5 before this up-coming weekend, and one of them has a very short attention span. It'd be much better if I could link him a video then try to shove a rulebook down his gullet.

I don't suppose any industrious BGG folks have those videos copied to a HD anywhere do ya?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got a group of 6 over instead of the normal 5 and was excited to get this out on the table for the first time. Took me a 1/2 hour to realize the tutorial was taken down after searching through all my bookmarks (I swear it's in here somewhere guys!). I am also sad they are gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tucker
msg tools
I contacted FFG today via phone as they had not responded to any of my emails. I spoke to a member of their customer service department who stated that the videos were intentionally taken down and were "being reworked." He could give no time-frame as to when they'd be back.

I find it odd that they would remove the existing videos, even if they were planning on replacing them. Its sad, such a handy tool that isn't being utilized. Guess I'll have to introduce my players the old fashioned way. *sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tucker
msg tools
Just as a side note, it probably wouldn't hurt if all concerned parties also sent emails and called them requesting the videos be put back up. I wouldn't badger them, just let them know the community appreciates the effort they put into the videos and we'd like to use them to introduce their wonderful products to new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pollard
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have emailed them requesting the old videos be made available again. Fingers crossed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pollard
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They've replied now, and confirmed that they will not make the old videos available again. I guess we just have to wait for the new ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn it is the second edition so different it warranted taking the old vids down? they would be so helpful in trying to persuade my mates to play GOT..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt johnson
United States
portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0XRVTacNxI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.