Popular Tags: [View All]
William
United States
Converse
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I game for a living...I just dont get paid for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Alien Frontiers a few days ago and have a question for the board. I apologize if it is a repeat.

If a player places 1 dice (5) on alien artifact, recycles the tech cards then places a 3 on their that equals 8 total of the two docked ship so he can choose a tech card. Is that legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
5sola wrote:
I just got Alien Frontiers a few days ago and have a question for the board. I apologize if it is a repeat.

If a player places 1 dice (5) on alien artifact, recycles the tech cards then places a 3 on their that equals 8 total of the two docked ship so he can choose a tech card. Is that legal?

Yup -- that's how it works!

In addition, the player can even cycle the tech cards after placing the 3, and then take one of the new cards (because they've built up a "credit" of 8).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Converse
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I game for a living...I just dont get paid for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: alien artifact question (and others) :-)

Something else came up...

I someone controls the Burroughs dessert and has purchased the relic ship. Then someone plays the isolation field so the player can no longer use the relic ship. Must it be returned to the territory or can they hold onto it but just cant use it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From how I understand it, they are not able to use the Relic Ship, until that player discards a card that allows them to move the isolation field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
5sola wrote:

I someone controls the Burroughs dessert and has purchased the relic ship. Then someone plays the isolation field so the player can no longer use the relic ship. Must it be returned to the territory or can they hold onto it but just cant use it?

It is returned to the territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
5sola wrote:

It is returned to the territory.

Correct. You cannot hold the relic ship if you do not control the Burroughs Desert or if the Isolation Field is on the Burroughs Desert.

One really mean trick is to allow a player to purchase the relic ship, placing it into the Maintenance Bay, then the next player takes control away from the first player (or places the Isolation Field) so that the first player ha to return the relic ship enforce they even get to use it. The first player expended the resources but never benefited from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.