Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leroy Hedgpeth
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just telling the BGG community (and kind of bragging) that I got the only copy of Eclipse at my FLGS. I reserved it a long time ago and they called me yesterday. The lady there said the distributor got a bunch of copies that were damaged and not playable and only one copy came in and I got it.

I havent opened it yet. I will do that tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
You lucky little...

Just joking. Enjoy the game, and have Merry Christmas while leading your empire to victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven O'Shea
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By chance, was that FLGS Viking Hobby?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Cobalt
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just bought a copy here in NYC - they had a handful of copies ordered eons ago that FINALLY came in. I couldn't resist! Be warned: the booklet is typo ridden. There is an FAQ you should consult before panicking that you did not get enough of the right components!

I played my first game tonight, and, I must say, the design is impressive, the components (though they are many) are beautiful, and the play is very intuitive (after a preliminary limp through game). Kudos and congrats and getting a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leroy Hedgpeth
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I reserved it over 6 months ago when it was still a kickstarter. I've been wanting this game since I saw the eclipse picture on the original box. They jokingly told me to put it on Ebay and sell it for large amounts of money. No way, It's mine, MINE (or I'll help you not)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leroy Hedgpeth
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, if only I can find someone to play it with...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My preorder copy from CoolStuffInc. arrived today. So for those counting on Christmas delivery there is hope...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leroy Hedgpeth
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the distributors, I understand will be getting another shipment in April. I hope everyone who wants one, gets one. I'm happy Christmas arrived early. I couldn't wait I HAD TO open it tonight. Looks Awesome!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS which usually does not come through on any games that I actually want (at least not in a timely manner) actually did have Eclipse fortunately... I got the only copy and we just played for the first time tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Foredeen wrote:
Yes. I reserved it over 6 months ago when it was still a kickstarter. I've been wanting this game since I saw the eclipse picture on the original box. They jokingly told me to put it on Ebay and sell it for large amounts of money. No way, It's mine, MINE (or I'll help you not)

Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eclipse was never on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leroy Hedgpeth
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told by somebody it started out as one. My mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible you are getting it confused with Empires of the Void, another space-themed game? Although I don't think that one was on Kickstarter yet 6 months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leroy Hedgpeth
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody told me that it started on the kickstarter program.blush I though it was in the kickstarter. I know I just told my FLGS to save me a copy when they got one in. The box at the time was black and had a eclipse picture on it.( I'm guessing it was maybe 6 months ago).
Can't wait to play it this weekend when I'll be off for Christmas, I love space themed games. I'll have to check out that game you just mentioned too. Thanks Scott.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Estimated delivery Dec 22, 2011

Yay ... I'm in the club, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Foredeen wrote:
Somebody told me that it started on the kickstarter program.blush I though it was in the kickstarter. I know I just told my FLGS to save me a copy when they got one in. The box at the time was black and had a eclipse picture on it.( I'm guessing it was maybe 6 months ago).
Can't wait to play it this weekend when I'll be off for Christmas, I love space themed games. I'll have to check out that game you just mentioned too. Thanks Scott.

For what it's worth, it's still being produced, and the Kickstarter is over, but it should be in stores in a few months, I understand. And it should be a reasonably different game experience from Eclipse, so that it's not like having the same game in different forms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dardia
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy, ordered from CoolStuffInc a few weeks ago. Awesome service from them, as usual. Can't wait to get home and check it out (and then rewrap to put under the tree!), and to line up a game next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.