Popular Tags: [View All]
John Giacchino
United States
Rancho Santa Margarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

I have found the advance rules on this game, but I see a lot of mention elsewhere about things like search ability of the aircraft and other things that I do not see in these rules. Can someone give me a link to the latest version of these rule please.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Unfortunately WotC have never posted the updated rules online. Best bet is to but a 2010 starter pack which comes with the rulebook, maps and tokens. You also get some pretty decent units in it (all reprints of models with different cards).

Aircraft search ability refers to the Long Distance rules - when you're playing with these rules, you have to roll a 'search check' when placing each aircraft against enemy that aren't spotted (friendly ships spot enemy ships upto 8 sectors away if they have LOS, and enemy submarines upto 4 sectors away). Patrol aircraft succeed in search checks on a 3+, other aircraft on a 4+, with a +1 bonus if one of your aircraft in that sector already passed a search check that turn. If an aircraft fails its search check, it counts as aborted.

Long-range rules also cover suprise air attacks and the need to re-arm/refuel for long-ranged carrier strikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.