Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im assuming that there is no specific way to put the stickers on the dice for the expansions since its a d6 die, is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an insert in the expansion box that shows the "proper" way to put the stickers on.. but I'm not really sure why. Technically there is a proper alignment of the sides of a d6, which I assume is to offset and slight imperfection so that the high/low numbers are opposite each other.. but I don't really know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
There is an insert in the expansion box that shows the "proper" way to put the stickers on.. but I'm not really sure why. Technically there is a proper alignment of the sides of a d6, which I assume is to offset and slight imperfection so that the high/low numbers are opposite each other.. but I don't really know.

I would agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank DiLorenzo
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dyeman wrote:
Im assuming that there is no specific way to put the stickers on the dice for the expansions since its a d6 die, is this correct?

Correct! No specific way. The inserts are merely to help people make sure they are applying the correct set for a particular die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
Technically there is a proper alignment of the sides of a d6, which I assume is to offset and slight imperfection so that the high/low numbers are opposite each other.

I thought about this as I applied stickers and knew that the opposite sides of a d6 added to 7 (6 is opposite 1, 5 is opposite 2, 4 to 3)

So, I did something similar with the stickers. I applied the largest value first, then the smallest value opposite. Then I grabbed the next largest value opposite the next smallest value. etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bolin
United States
CA
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sticker work like this:
left to right like you are reading
start with any square, put on the left sticker
turn the die forward (away from you) put on the second sticker **Jot down the number as you will need it later**
you turn and apply the next 2 numbers (so they go all the way around in 1 direction with 2 opposite side black)
Back to that number I told you to Jot down:
Turn the die to the right and put on the 5th sticker the the die left, left to the last empty square and apply sticker #6

that is how it is designed.

As far as dice methods? some guy figured this out and we have been playing with this format for a long long time
It is this big math thing so it gets developed that way. It creates odds and probabilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didnt put them on in this manner will it screw up the probabilities?

daloonieshaman wrote:
The sticker work like this:
left to right like you are reading
start with any square, put on the left sticker
turn the die forward (away from you) put on the second sticker **Jot down the number as you will need it later**
you turn and apply the next 2 numbers (so they go all the way around in 1 direction with 2 opposite side black)
Back to that number I told you to Jot down:
Turn the die to the right and put on the 5th sticker the the die left, left to the last empty square and apply sticker #6

that is how it is designed.

As far as dice methods? some guy figured this out and we have been playing with this format for a long long time
It is this big math thing so it gets developed that way. It creates odds and probabilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
dyeman wrote:
Anyone know?

Hi Sven.

It will not screw up the probabilities. There is no reason to be concerned about the location of the stickers on the dice for this game. (And there was no reason for me to worry about it when I put the stickers on either, but I just realized it this morning...)

The probability of any side coming up is 1:6. The location of the sticker will not change that. Every side of every cube has the EXACT SAME probability of coming up when it is rolled, so it doesn't matter which sticker goes where. There is no math involved, and you shouldn't worry about the locations of the stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool thanks. much appreciated. Merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
dyeman wrote:
cool thanks. much appreciated. Merry Christmas!
:p

THANK YOU! Merry Christmas to you as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bolin
United States
CA
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brokasaphasia wrote:
dyeman wrote:
Anyone know?

Hi Sven.

It will not screw up the probabilities. There is no reason to be concerned about the location of the stickers on the dice for this game. (And there was no reason for me to worry about it when I put the stickers on either, but I just realized it this morning...)

The probability of any side coming up is 1:6. The location of the sticker will not change that. Every side of every cube has the EXACT SAME probability of coming up when it is rolled, so it doesn't matter which sticker goes where. There is no math involved, and you shouldn't worry about the locations of the stickers.

Tell that to Vegas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you saying it does matter? Explain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bolin
United States
CA
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is beyond any doubt that on each single die roll you have an equal chance of getting any single 'number'. When dice are added to the equation it changes the math a million times over (yes who ever the smartares is who comes up with an exact number for each addition die, thank you). Why do you play dice games? Are dice that predictable?. If you have an equal chance of a 6:1, a 5:2, or a 4:3 why have they been opposites for generations? I am no math wiz but if you put a 1 next to the 6 I am sure the results will be way out of line. I am not sure if they put the sticker numbers in some sort of order because they tested it that way, or some random act of printing. A word to the wise, be nice to your dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daloonieshaman wrote:
It is beyond any doubt that on each single die roll you have an equal chance of getting any single 'number'. When dice are added to the equation it changes the math a million times over (yes who ever the smartares is who comes up with an exact number for each addition die, thank you). Why do you play dice games? Are dice that predictable?. If you have an equal chance of a 6:1, a 5:2, or a 4:3 why have they been opposites for generations? I am no math wiz but if you put a 1 next to the 6 I am sure the results will be way out of line. I am not sure if they put the sticker numbers in some sort of order because they tested it that way, or some random act of printing. A word to the wise, be nice to your dice.

Huh? Opposing die faces add up to 7, but this is only a matter of convention. If you roll properly, the probabilities are not impacted at all.

I have no idea what "When dice are added to the equation it changes the math a million times over" means. The math stays the same. You may see results that are in counter to what probability dictates, but that's due to small sample size, not a "change in the math".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.