Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the price for AdBlock go up?
I could've sworn I had access to it last year with my annual $15 support; I think I had gotten as far as seeing the ad layouts but decided not to do it b/c I like the boardgame ads.

But now I see $25 is the min. for adblock? Or was it always this way and I'm hallucinating?

That freaking woman with the red flashing siren on her head has pushed me over the edge and I was finally ready to give up on all ads including boardgame ads to get her the hell off my screen. zombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Did the price for AdBlock go up?
I could've sworn I had access to it last year with my annual $15 support; I think I had gotten as far as seeing the ad layouts but decided not to do it b/c I like the boardgame ads.

But now I see $25 is the min. for adblock? Or was it always this way and I'm hallucinating?

I believe you are hallucinating. I seem to recall paying more for adblock last year just like this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

Re: What is a BGG supporter? (Posted Tue Apr 25, 2006)
Werbaer wrote:
If you donate $15 or more, you get a supported logo.
If you donate $25 or more, you gain the ability to block ads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... I thought I had gotten as far as configuring which ads I wanted to block, because I could see layout etc options with the different names for different ad positions.

But, maybe I was just looking at the help files. Or maybe that stupid ad has driven me into delirium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Or maybe that stupid ad has driven me into delirium.

Advertising often seems to do that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you increase the size of your screen (Ctrl +) the ads seem to disappear on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
If you increase the size of your screen (Ctrl +) the ads seem to disappear on their own.

Yeah or the resizing the browser trick works too, but I usually have the browser maxed and it's a pain to resize it whenever that one ad appears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Well since the BGG admins (at least some of them) are defending their approval of questionable ads I'd point out that:

Adblock is FREE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:

Thank you!

Ahh, so much better to know I will never ever have to see annoying flashing red siren lady again
Now I can finally sleep in peace...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I found my post from about 4 months ago that indicates somehow I as able to get into the BGG AdBlock configuration system, even with $15 support. Maybe it was a bug in their system. But otherwise I don't know how I would've known the terms BGG-AdBlock-specific jargon "leaderboard" "skyscraper" and "rectangle". (Unless it was a random helpfile that I can't find now, but I think I would've gone straight to config as I did now rather than go to help file first).

ad block question (the siren woman drove me to it!)
(as you can see that ad has been driving me crazy all year)

At least I wasn't hallucinating
Anyway doesn't matter now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Oh I found my post from about 4 months ago that indicates somehow I as able to get into the BGG AdBlock configuration system, even with $15 support. Maybe it was a bug in their system. But otherwise I don't know how I would've known the terms BGG-AdBlock-specific jargon "leaderboard" "skyscraper" and "rectangle". (Unless it was a random helpfile that I can't find now, but I think I would've gone straight to config as I did now rather than go to help file first).

ad block question (the siren woman drove me to it!)
(as you can see that ad has been driving me crazy all year)

At least I wasn't hallucinating
Anyway doesn't matter now!

It also depends on when you paid for your patron badge. If you pay in December of 2010, and then buy another badge in March of 2011, you will have adblock until December because of how they count donations. That may explain how you got adblock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:

Oops, you went there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
unkle
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ze_stom wrote:

It also depends on when you paid for your patron badge. If you pay in December of 2010, and then buy another badge in March of 2011, you will have adblock until December because of how they count donations. That may explain how you got adblock.

Are you sure of that ? I scrEwed up this year and supported at 15$ expecting to get AdBlock (should have read instead of skimming to Paypal as fast as I could). I was wondering if I needed to pay 10$ more, or 25$. I do not want to pay 10$ THEN 25$ (after already paying 15$).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.