Subject: To all the haters. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I just happened across the geekdo community rules:

Give thumbs up to posts you like. We encourage the liberal use of the thumbs up button.

Feel the love, following the guidelines since May 26 2008.

http://videogamegeek.com/community_rules#toc8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
a link to another domain, I love it, don't let them call you a traitor! There is only one geek!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Nice find Tim. Have a thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Feel The Love shouldn't be blamed for killing the server. It is living up to the server's full potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked, same statement is in the board game geek user guidelines.

We encourage the liberal use of the thumbs up button.

http://boardgamegeek.com/community_rules#toc8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
a link to another domain, I love it, don't let them call you a traitor! There is only one geek!

Social posters unite the three geekdoms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:

Give thumbs up to posts you like. We encourage the liberal use of the thumbs up button.

"Liberal" does not mean "indiscriminate," you idiot!

(Apologies for that last bit; I was just trying to establish my cred as a hater. Which I most assuredly am: I am minutes away from removing the "Community" module from my front page, and FedEx'ing Aldie a kick in the nuts for having encouraged people to add it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
why not, thumb away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
dandechino wrote:
So Feel The Love shouldn't be blamed for killing the server. It is living up to the server's full potential.

1) it was the length of the thread that was causing problems, not the thumbing
2) it made the servers slower did not kill them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
kuhrusty wrote:
frumpish wrote:

(Apologies for that last bit; I was just trying to establish my cred as a hater. Which I most assuredly am: I am minutes away from removing the "Community" module from my front page, and FedEx'ing Aldie a kick in the nuts for having encouraged people to add it.)

I will advise Aldie to return it to sender

BTW, why on earth would you add a module to the frontpage if you are a hater???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
All I have to say is thumbsup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

(Apologies for that last bit; I was just trying to establish my cred as a hater.

I've received mail from the moderation system saying it would be appreciated if I delete my post. It seems my histrionics caused some consternation, so please allow me to clarify: anyone who read that and thought I seriously considered frumpish an idiot is an idiot.

(Or perhaps my post was flagged because the readers of this forum are intensely concerned with the health & well-being of Aldie's testicles? In that case, you will be relieved to know that, due to certain limitations in today's technology, it is not actually possible to send someone a kick in the nuts via FedEx, and it was thoughtless & irresponsible of me to have suggested otherwise to the readers of this forum.)

Aenea wrote:

When Aldie called it "the go-to place for threads that center on the BGG Community itself," I thought that included me.

Moderate away; I'll be out in my car, in the garage with the engine running & the door closed, reflecting on the life choices which led to the "Feel The Love" forum being the source of my first-ever "it would be appreciated if you would erase your thoughts" message.

Unsubscribed, obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Long live the...the...Geek! Go, BGG, Go!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
To all the haters with the quick trigger finger on the red X. Next time, have a Twinkie and ruminate on what a small person you might have been.

Unsubscribed, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

Moderate away; I'll be out in my car, in the garage with the engine running & the door closed, reflecting on the life choices which led to the "Feel The Love" forum being the source of my first-ever "it would be appreciated if you would erase your thoughts" message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

(Apologies for that last bit; I was just trying to establish my cred as a hater.

I've received mail from the moderation system saying it would be appreciated if I delete my post. It seems my histrionics caused some consternation, so please allow me to clarify: anyone who read that and thought I seriously considered frumpish an idiot is an idiot.

(Or perhaps my post was flagged because the readers of this forum are intensely concerned with the health & well-being of Aldie's testicles? In that case, you will be relieved to know that, due to certain limitations in today's technology, it is not actually possible to send someone a kick in the nuts via FedEx, and it was thoughtless & irresponsible of me to have suggested otherwise to the readers of this forum.)

Aenea wrote:

When Aldie called it "the go-to place for threads that center on the BGG Community itself," I thought that included me.

Unsubscribed, obviously.

Just so you know, deleting your post cost both of us a thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
frumpish wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

Aenea wrote:

Unsubscribed, obviously.

Actually it does not! They are just in limbo and can't be removed anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
frumpish wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

Aenea wrote:

Unsubscribed, obviously.

How curious. Thumbs cannot be erased then, unless I choose to erase them, and the deleting of a post means I can no longer erase the given thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
So. I guess I really just don't understand.

First, why does anyone care how many people I thumb? Why does it matter to anyone except for those I thumbed? Did someone think, "Oh my God! He thumbed me! How rude!" or "I can't believe he thumbed that person!" I just don't get it. Why even care?

Second, why does anyone care what happens in a forum they don't want to read? I mean, I don't go to wargaming forums because my family doesn't like wargames. Why would I be mad that someone has a forum that makes them happy, but isn't made for me? Again, why even care?

Thirdly, why fight against something that does no harm to anyone? I can understand fighting violence or inequality or unjust behavior, but if a bunch of people want to be 'nice' to each other, what is the problem with that? Why care?

I am posting this because I really don't understand. I will say for the record that I didn't red X the posts above. I can live with people saying what they want. That is their right. I thought it was flaming nonsense, but heck I have done that to. To each their own. But again, I still don't see what the particular grievance is with having a bunch of people get along together.

If anyone can explain it to me, I am interested. Feel free to PM me. I would love to be enlightened because I really don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
frumpish wrote:
Aenea wrote:
frumpish wrote:

How curious. Thumbs cannot be erased then, unless I choose to erase them, and the deleting of a post means I can no longer erase the given thumb.

Yup, is rather weird...

I remember that I tried to unthumb everything way back when but I could not do it for the ones that had been deleted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
So. I guess I really just don't understand.

First, why does anyone care how many people I thumb? Why does it matter to anyone except for those I thumbed? Did someone think, "Oh my God! He thumbed me! How rude!" or "I can't believe he thumbed that person!" I just don't get it. Why even care?

Second, why does anyone care what happens in a forum they don't want to read? I mean, I don't go to wargaming forums because my family doesn't like wargames. Why would I be mad that someone has a forum that makes them happy, but isn't made for me? Again, why even care?

Thirdly, why fight against something that does no harm to anyone? I can understand fighting violence or inequality or unjust behavior, but if a bunch of people want to be 'nice' to each other, what is the problem with that? Why care?

I am posting this because I really don't understand. I will say for the record that I didn't red X the posts above. I can live with people saying what they want. That is their right. I thought it was flaming nonsense, but heck I have done that to. To each their own. But again, I still don't see what the particular grievance is with having a bunch of people get along together.

If anyone can explain it to me, I am interested. Feel free to PM me. I would love to be enlightened because I really don't get it.

trolls or WEIRDOS is my guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Elsmere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

Aenea wrote:

Unsubscribed, obviously.

Thank you for posting that! It made me laugh!

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
frumpish wrote:
Aenea wrote:
frumpish wrote:

Yup, is rather weird...

I remember that I tried to unthumb everything way back when but I could not do it for the ones that had been deleted...

"Unthumb"... For some reason I feel like there should be a joke in there somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
frumpish wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

Aenea wrote:

Unsubscribed, obviously.

They're like Ghost limbs.. even though they're gone, the effect still linger... ooooohhh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
frumpish wrote:
Aenea wrote:
frumpish wrote:

Yup, is rather weird...

YOU tried to unthumb EVERYTHING??

The only more daunting task that I can think of more than thumbing as many posts as you.. is actually going back and unthumbing them.. only to change my mind and REthumb them all. You are some kind of thumbing cyborg... a thumbernetic organaism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.