Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BSG 240 - Two For Tea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the 240th Play-By-Forum Battlestar Galactica game. It will follow the format established by ColtsFan76. It is a 5-player, European timezone, Pegasus game. No Cylon Leaders.

Players

This game is by invitation only. The waiting list is being maintained at the BSG PBF Wiki.

The crew consists of:
CptnFalafel - Mr. Thomas Zarek
Garth Nailo - Cptn. Lee "Apollo" Adama
Xodan - Commander William Adama
Hannibal Rex - Junior Lt. Anastasia "Dee" Dualla
Sartavos - Senior Chief Petty Officer Galen "Chief" Tyrol

Rule changes

If Helena Cain is picked, her OPG is changed to the "Really Blind Jump": the jump target is the second destination from the top, the first one being buried.

Playing notes

The regulations of the game are pretty much as in all the other threads. If this is your first BSG PBF game, please read through at least one of the previous games to get a feeling for how it is done.

Some particular notes for those taking part (you can find more notes and tips on nbergom's geeklist Tips and Tricks of BSG PBF):

1) Subscribe to this thread.

2) Please, login at least once a day, preferably more. As this is a European game, you might expect most players to have some time in the evenings. Logging on at least twice in the evening would probably do a lot to keep the game moving. Note that I have a 24-hour rule in place: when it is your turn to act, I expect you to respond within 24 hours; if not, then I am going to take measures, which may lead to seeking a replacement if your absence was unannounced. If you are going to be offline for longer stretches of time (and that is totally acceptable), please tell us in the thread (or me by geekmail), and we can pause the game if necessary.

3) All players must have their own copies of the game as I am only going to publish card titles (this is an FFG request).

4) Private communication will be by geekmail between me and particular players, all other communication will be by posting in this thread. Please start your geekmail subject line with "BSG 240" and your character name.

5) To speed up the game, please use Conditional Orders (i.e., geekmail me what you will do if certain circumstances arise). CO's are particularly useful for interrupts, such as Evasive Maneuvers. I will not wait for rare occurrences (e.g., a player using a Strategic Planning on a basestar attack or a viper attacking a raider, or a player using his OPG) unless I have received a CO to that end, or if I feel that discussions in the thread warrant it. I will not ask for Strategic Plannings on scouting rolls as long as there are still at least two raptors available. Note that I prefer not to get "public CO's" until all Cylons are known.

6) Please use the following posting conventions:
* Normal text for discussions.
* Italics for flavor texts.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them by geekmail.

7) Please, make clear in each post who your character is by posting a banner at the top of your post. Great banners created by DukeOfEarl are available here (use the "medium" option to display them). If you find using a banner is too much of a hassle (or you are on your phone), at least list your character name (preferably in bold) at the top of your post.

8) For flavor, a useful selection of character pictures is hosted on this geeklist by GerryRailBaron, though by all means provide your own if you wish. Easy, quick links to the items on Gerry's geeklist are provided by selwyth in this thread.

9) Please do not post any (big) spoilers for the television series in the thread.

Acknowledgments

My thanks to Orphius, whose spreadsheets I am using to mod this game.

My previous moderated games are:
BSG 101 - Mockingbird
BSG 123 - Blue Dragon
BSG 146 - Wake Up and Smell the Tylium
BSG 153 - Idus Martii
BSG 180 - Bull's Eye
BSG 192 - Cylon Breakfast
BSG 205 - Astro Farm
BSG 222 - Tea For Two

The name of this game is derived from a famous song/Doris Day movie. I did "Tea For Two" as my previous game, and couldn't resist making the next one "Two For Tea" if I could land BSG 240.

Note: No, I don't know who these people are. And I do not find their self-mutilation particularly attractive either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Note: I really wanted BSG 240 as a counterpart for my previous game. 239 was actually up, but TerminusEst will take that one later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Jan Kronemeijer
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thank you for inviting me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! Nice to have a fellow countryman on board. I think this is the first time I have had that happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kaut
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. I'm in!

Thanks for the invitation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

Somehow, I'm not surprised to have you as moderator again, Pieter.

I'm not at all opposed to having a Cylon Leader in the game, provided the agendas are tweaked. I thought it worked pretty well in #205.

I won't pick one myself this game, however.

Character preferences:

1) Dee. One of each.
2) Ellen. 2 politics, 1 leadership

Thanks for the invite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome all.

Sorry for being a bit late with that welcome: I forgot to subscribe to my own thread Hopefully you won't make that mistake

If anyone would like to play a Cylon Leader, let me know. Then I will definitely invite a sixth player. Otherwise we stick with five an no Cylon Leaders. If you want to know about the adapted agenda's, look up the intro message of BSG 205 - Astro Farm.

Of course, I also want to know if you have objections to including a Cylon Leader. In that case we will certainly not have one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Pierre
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.
Let's have a nice safe trip to Kobol without any attacks or crises, where we just enjoy the many facilities aboard Galactica and Pegasus (one can always dream...)

Edit: and btw I don't mind if we have a CL, but I won't be playing as one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome. We are waiting for Xodan now. I have had him in the first game that I modded, and I liked the way he played a lot. He was online today, so I guess we will hear from him soon. He does have a preference for an Exodus game, though, but if he declines there are several replacements waiting in the wings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville Halonen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Xodan just replied that he is IN! That means our crew is complete.

As you can see, I use my moderator banner for this message. I try to use it in all the messages that are in my moderator role.

We now roll for player order. I roll a d100 for each player, and the highest goes first.

Hannibal Rex - 1d100 = (45) = 45
Sartavos - 1d100 = (22) = 22
Xodan - 1d100 = (58) = 58
Garth Nailo - 1d100 = (67) = 67
CptnFalafel - 1d100 = (85) = 85

Which means player order is:
CptnFalafel
Garth Nailo
Xodan
Hannibal Rex
Sartavos

CptnFalafel, you are first to pick a character. You can take any character from the base game or Pegasus, but no Cylon Leader. As first player, you get your complete starting hand, so no need to indicate your draws.

Once a player has picked his role, I will address him by that role from then on.

I can imagine players have hit the sack by now, and we continue tomorrow. You all know the rules, so once CptnFalafel has made his choice, Garth Nailo can continue with his, etc. Hannibal Rex already left a public CO for his preference, which I will execute if his preferences are still available once his turn comes around (there is absolutely no need to take his preferences into account when you make your own pick). You can all give CO's for character picks if you like, but that is not required. Incidentally, public CO's for character picks are fine, but when the game has started all CO's should be by GM.

One last thing: there are several players in this game who are new to PBF BSG. That is fine, there is at least one in most of the games I mod. But if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, either in the thread or by GM to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 66672. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d100 =
  • (45) =
  • Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:09 am
  • [+]
  • 66673. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d100 =
  • (22) =
  • Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:10 am
  • [+]
  • 66674. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d100 =
  • (58) =
  • [+]
  • 66675. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d100 =
  • (67) =
  • [+]
  • 66676. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d100 =
  • (85) =
Jean-Pierre
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I choose Tom Zarek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Garth Nailo chooses Apollo.

Starting hand: 2 Leadership, 1 Piloting.

Apollo, please tell me in which sector you like to start.

Xodan, you are up. You can choose a Military leader or Support character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville Halonen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Apollo, Galactica. Keep those raiders off our back. Good hunting.

I'll choose Adama

Starting hand: 1 Leadership, 2 Tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Jan Kronemeijer
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll start in sector 5

Are we heading to New Caprica or Kobol?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As indicated, Hannibal Rex takes Dee.

We head for Kobol.

Sartavos, you can take any of the remaining characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Anastasia and I'll be your hostess for this flight.

Shipboard climate is humid and sweltering. That gentle patter you hear is the impact of missiles on our hull. To your left, you can see Caprica burning, and to your right, you can see basestars inbound to our location. If you hear screams over the intercom, that'll be civilians blowing up. Their radio discipline is notoriously shoddy.

Have a look at the passengers on either side of you. Statistical analysis has shown that there is a sixty precent probability you're standing next to a Cylon infiltrator right now. If you're not, the infiltrator is likely to be you.
Estimated travel time is one or two months, less than that if we die early. I hope you will have a pleasant flight with Air Galactica!

As I said, my starting draw will be:

1 Leadership, 1 Tactics, 1 Engineering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sartavos, f you want a recommendation for your character selection: We could use some more strength in politics, and maybe engineering. Any political leader or the Chief would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LURKER

CptnFalafel wrote:

I choose Tom Zarek

Glad that you already got yourself in another ship, Cptn! Try not to blow up this one! Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kaut
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have subscribed, but couldn't post earlier because I was going 140 kmh on the highway.

1 Politics, 1 Leadership, 1 Engineering

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, drive safely!

I have all information I need to start the game. With 2 Support characters, it is going to be an interesting ride.

Adama is admiral, Zarek is President.

You can expect your loyalty cards shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Turn 1.1 - Zarek

Jean-Pierre
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Draw: 2 Politics, 2 Leadership, 1 Tactics

President Zarek, please post your move and action when you are ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The game is afoot! I wish you all a pleasant voyage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Pierre
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Unfortunatly I can't XO anyone right now, and more cards are never a bad thing so...

Move to the Press Room and activate it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It is crisis time and boy, it is a doozy! You should not have left Helena Cain in command on Pegasus. She is out with a vengeance!

Crisis: Standoff With Pegasus.

INTERRUPT Token wrote:
Action Interrupt: Crisis Skill Check - Standoff with Pegasus: 22YGPR
Please Play,Pass, or Geekmail any of the following:
Investigative Committee, Scientific Research, one Reckless interrupt (Support the People, At Any Cost, Guts & Initiative, Jury Rigged), and Declare Emergency CO's.

Apollo -
Adama -
Dee -
Chief -
Zarek -

For those who are new to this: This is a skill check crisis, so we first have an interrupt phase. Everybody can play interrupts in any order. Just post them in the thread, or quote the token above and add your interrupts.

If someone plays an Investigative Committee or Scientific Research, in principle the first one played stands. So if you hold a value-5 of one of these, you might want to wait a bit before playing it. You can always solve this with a CO to me, saying something like "I wish to play my 5-IC, but only if no-one else plays an IC."

For the reckless interrupts, only one can be played and if multiple players want to play one, the current player decides which one will be played. Even if a reckless interrupt was already posted, if someone else can play one too and the current player prefers the new one, the earlier played one will be moved back into the player's hand and the new one will be played.

If you do not have any interrupts in hand, I will pass for you when I have received interrupts from everybody else. Other players will not know whether you passed because you had no interrupts, or because you gave me a CO not to play an interrupt.

Any questions, ask me.

Note: For the present crisis, if it is failed, Zarek gets to choose one of the vipers in space to damage. He can damage the one with Apollo in it if he wants. So, Zarek, if you see a failure looming, send me a CO for the viper to damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.