5 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: can you close/seal if there's a monster on the gate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Walker
msg tools
Hello,
When you come back from the other world and there's a monster on the gate, on your next encounter are you still allowed to close/seal the gate?

My assumption, btw, on this is I think you only fight during your movement phase when you leave a square when coming back from other world, not when you enter or during encounter phase so you don't fight until you leave the place but I never saw anything in the book about closing/sealing with monsters present.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'Rocky' Robertson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Now a Sarf London boy!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can close & seal the gate after you return to Arkham, the next movement phase would mean you would have to either evade or fight the monster there, unless of course by closing the gate you sent it back to the monster cup

Enjoy the game, I do, alas my success rate is about only 40%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dealing with monsters that are n te board takes place during the movement phase. Closing/ sealing gates is done in the encounter phase. Your get a freebie in regards to dealing with te monsters during the movement phase of the turn when you return to Arkham.

Once the encounter phase comes about, the presence of monsters in your space becomes irrelevent for the purpose of closing gates or any other type of activity that you would normally do in the encounter phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Walker
msg tools
Thanks, that's what I thought

Though I'm trying to find in the book/faq where I got the details that you don't have to fight when moving out of of the other world and can't seem to see it, but I got it from somewhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pg. 18 of the rulebook, center column; it's very easy to miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.