Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Simple GBoH» Forums » General

Subject: Simple Great Battles of History -- Need a First-Play Recommendation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I just picked up a copy of these rules and I'd like to pursue a first game. Can anyone recommend a good starting title and where to purchase? Is this something I should set up on Vassal first? Likely I'll be playing solo for my learning game.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MOYON
France
Thorigné-Fouillard
BZH
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

I just picked up a copy of these rules and I'd like to pursue a first game. Can anyone recommend a good starting title and where to purchase? Is this something I should set up on Vassal first? Likely I'll be playing solo for my learning game.

S.

I'd recommend the battle of Chaeronea in The Great Battles of Alexander: Deluxe Edition. Only a few types of units and perfect for a solo play. I always teach SGBoH with this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Thank you!

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
also one of the simple SPQR battles like beneventum? Perhaps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I downloaded the modules on Vassal but haven't figured out if they'll let the Simple rules play out on them. Some modules enforce, others don't. If anyone has any insight on that I'd love to hear it.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MOYON
France
Thorigné-Fouillard
BZH
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

I downloaded the modules on Vassal but haven't figured out if they'll let the Simple rules play out on them. Some modules enforce, others don't. If anyone has any insight on that I'd love to hear it.

S.

In most cases you'll just have to make minor changes (ie placing leaders accordingly with simple set-up). I don't think you'll find modules with simple scenarios set-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.