Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the PBF thread for Arkham Horror PBF League 1.4 - Miscreants and Miscreation.
This is the fourth game of a series of games featuring the League Scenarios found here: http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Scenario

The players currently participating are:

DukeofEarl 1d100 = (26) = 26
StatSig 1d100 = (35) = 35
Spirit of 70 1d100 = (41) = 41
Ryan Thompson 1d100 = (31) = 31
shnar 1d100 = (77) = 77
agentzen 1d100 = (64) = 64

Lowest number above starts first in the turn order. Please post your top three choices of characters to allow the new players a chance to specify preferences. You can choose from any characters except those that have been devoured, unless someone here really wants to make that an exception as well. I don't mind.

Devoured Investigators:
* Carolyn Fern
* Ashcan Pete
* Darrell Simmons
* Kate Winthrop
* Joe Diamond
* Mandy Thompson
* Amanda Sharpe
* Harvey Walters

The Scenario this time is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 66636. Daimbert
  • 1d100 =
  • (26) =
  • Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:23 pm
  • [+]
  • 66637. Daimbert
  • 1d100 =
  • (35) =
  • [+]
  • 66638. Daimbert
  • 1d100 =
  • (41) =
  • [+]
  • 66639. Daimbert
  • 1d100 =
  • (31) =
  • [+]
  • 66640. Daimbert
  • 1d100 =
  • (77) =
  • [+]
  • 66641. Daimbert
  • 1d100 =
  • (64) =
  • Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 pm
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'll start then:

I'm going to go for the characters that irishman and Arcesilaus were, so my choice would be:
#1: Michael McGlen
#2: Diana Stanley
#3: Monterey Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we're restarting, I think I'm going to have to bow out. I just don't have the time to keep up and be entirely productive

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them!"
mbmbmbmbmb
My top choices from the remaining investigators:

1) Jacqueline Fine
2) Gloria Goldberg
3) Rita Young

(Edited because I had forgotten that we'd brought Gloria back).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Since we're restarting, I think I'm going to have to bow out. I just don't have the time to keep up and be entirely productive

-shnar

Are you sure?

If so, do we want to fish for another replacement player, or go with 5?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be okay with 5, but I admit I haven't followed the other League games, so I wouldn't know how much of a change that would represent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd hate to see Shnar go, but real life always comes first. I'm fine with getting a replacement if he's sure he can't continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thompson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

My name is Ryan and I am excited to join you. My top 3 picks are:
1. Leo Anderson
2. Marie Lambeau
3. Jenny Barnes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Jenny Barnes
2. Gloria Goldberg
3. Rita Young
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Monterey Jack
2. Diana Stanley
3. Mark Harrigan

Welcome aboard, Ryan! Sorry to see you go, Bryce. I'm fine with either going ahead with 5, or finding a new 6th. There are probably plenty of people willing to play, but a 5-player game will move quicker and be a bit easier to keep track of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you want me to create another poll, or what do we want to do: find a replacement or go with 5 players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say 5 players is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three people have at least said that they'd be fine with 5, and I'd rather not fish for players again. So, that's what we'll go with unless someone strongly objects.

I'll start setting things up over the next couple of days, and I'll be changing my avatar for this game. Let's just say that StatSig, at least, will probably appreciate the new avatar, but not as much as he might.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you really want to know in advance, you can check out my gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thompson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
no objections to five players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh, hallo. I was just helping this young student with some research into some of the intriguing history of this place, as a guide to some of her ... extracurricular activities. And no, I don't mean it in that way so get your mind out of the gutter.

Anyway, this little city or town, depending on how you think of such things has had a rather interesting past, and one where the legends speak of unspeakable horrors and an unending battle against great evils. A far sight more entertaining than the blood-splattered tales spun by what might be laughably called "horror movies" today; if human psychopathy scares you, all you need to do is hang around in a few dark alleys and I suspect that you'll get all of the frights you need. But these tales are of things so horrible that you can lose your sanity just by catching a glimpse of them, some such a mix of beauty and horror that there's a wrench in your soul so profound that it might leave you a gibbering wreck ... much, I suppose, in the same way that Professor Stein's physics lectures leave most of his students.

But, anyway, I do go on sometimes. If you are interested, however, I could spin you a tale from that time so that you'd understand what I mean. So let's get comfortable and I'll get started.

Years ago, a series of Ancient Ones made several attempts to manifest in our dimension. A group of intrepid personages, despite their fears, for various reasons became embroiled in the dispute and attempted to stop these encroachments. Three of them were defeated mostly without strong incident, although a number of strong and brave investigators were lost and devoured by the mystical creatures. However, in the fourth one something strange occurred. A time warp occurred ...

- "Let's do the Time Warp again!"

- Never do that again.

It occurred during this attempt in the middle and things were reset somehow back to the beginning ... the same and yet different than before. And our investigators came out yet again to do battle with the Ancient One Abhoth, across Arkham and Dunwich.

They were:

Michael McGlen - A gangster who got caught up in all of the madness that was not all that likely to respond well to typical gangster intimidation tactics.

Jacqueline Fine - A psychic whose powers allowed her to detect the encroachment and drove her to do something to stop it.

Leo Anderson - A leader of expeditions into the wilds and unknowns who tracked one unknown back to this rather unpresuming little town.

Jenny Barnes - You wouldn't expect such bravery and courage from someone so tightly tied to a life of leisure, but then I have seen just as surprising heroines arise when it is required of them.

Monterey Jack - An archaeologist who likely spends far less time in the library than he should have, but still spends enough to figure out when something is going so completely wrong.

Together, they would hold the line against the Ancient One's evil ... but would even they be enough to hold back such a powerful creature?

DukeofEarl is Michael McGlen.
Spirit of 70 is Jacqueline Fine.
Ryan is Leo Anderson.
StatSig is Jenny Barnes.
agentzen is Monterey Jack.

You all got your first choices.

I will look at doing all the shuffling and the like over the next day or so. I apologize for dragging my feet on doing all of this. I'd say that it was because of holiday commitments, but I don't have any. I was just being lazy while on my vacation, and trying to play Oblivion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, I've been a bit lazy again and spending time watching Angel, but I promise to get the game started by Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we are all relaxing for the holidays and not worried about rushing. Great introduction to the game.

Happy New Year to all, and may we save the world so we get to see another one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thompson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Happy new year everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Google Docs is acting up on me today. I'll try from my other system in a bit, but this might delay my starting up the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Player Status

Michael McGlen

Sanity: 3/3
Stamina: 7/7
Ma's Boarding House

Leo Anderson

Sanity: 5/5
Stamina: 5/5
River Docks

Jenny Barnes

Sanity: 6/6
Stamina: 4/4
Train Station

Jacqueline Fine

Sanity: 7/7
Stamina: 3/3
Curiositie Shoppe

Monterey Jack

Sanity: 3/3
Stamina: 7/7
Curiositie Shoppe

Inventory

Michael McGlen - Dynamite, Tommy Gun - Ruby of R'lyeh - - Speed - 0 Clues, 8$, Trophys x0, Toughness x0 , Gate x0 -

Leo Anderson - Dark Cloak, Newspaper Assignment - - - Marksman - Ammi Pierce - 2 Clues, 6$, Trophys x0, Toughness x0 , Gate x0 -

Jenny Barnes - .38 Revolver, Patrolling the Streets - Elder Sign - Cloud Memory - Lore - 0 Clues, 10$, Trophys x0, Toughness x0 , Gate x0 -

Jacqueline Fine - Dynamite - Enchanted Jewelry - Enchant Weapon, Wither - Hide - 2 Clues, 7$, Trophys x0, Toughness x0 ( ), Gate x0 () -

Monterey Jack - Bullwhip, .38 Revolver - Sword of Glory, Enchanted Cane - - Expert Occultist - 1 Clues, 7$, Trophys x0, Toughness x0 , Gate x0 -

Current Skills
Michael McGlen Speed/Sneak: 2/4 Fight/Will: 3/4 Lore/Luck: 1/2
Leo Anderson Speed/Sneak: 3/2 Fight/Will: 3/2 Lore/Luck: 3/2
Jenny Barnes Speed/Sneak: 3/1 Fight/Will: 4/2 Lore/Luck: 3/3
Jacqueline Fine Speed/Sneak: 3/1 Fight/Will: 2/3 Lore/Luck: 4/2
Monterey Jack Speed/Sneak: 4/0 Fight/Will: 2/3 Lore/Luck: 1/5

First Player: Michael McGlen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Restful Day!
(Headline)

Headline: Mythos Ability: All investigators gain 1 Stamina. Sine you're all full, that means it does nothing.

Gates

Wizard's Hill: The Abyss

Seals

Clues

Arkham

Woods
Historical Society
Silver Twilight Lodge
The Witch House
Black Cave
Graveyard
Hibb's Roadhouse
Independence Square
Unvisited Isle
Science Building
The Unnameable

Dunwich

Gardiner's Place (2)
Devil's Hopyard.
Whateley Farm
Cold Spring Glen

Monsters

Monster Limit: 4 of 8.

Outskirts: 0 of 2.

Arkham

Dunwich

Nightgaunt - Wizard's Hill
Dark Young - Wizard's Hill
Rat-thing - Wizard's Hill
Star Vampire - Wizard's Hill

Outskirts

Tracks

Doom: 1

Terror: 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay, I think that's it. Let me know if I've done anything wrong or forgotten something.

Note that the skill settings in the player update are, of course, wrong because you haven't decided what your initial settings are yet. I'll edit that in when you let me know, but I like to keep it all one shot to make updating on later turns easier.

Also note that I moved away from using the banners because I update by quoting the previous one and updating. But when I'm updating and quoting, I don't get to see the images, but only the numbers. And since I don't have all the banner numbers memorized, this just makes updating easier.

And I fixed my Google Docs problem by upgrading to the latest version of Firefox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Before starting out on their adventure, our intrepid heroes grabbed whatever household items they thought might aid them. Well, yes, I suppose that these wouldn't be normal household items for most people, but for these people they were. For example, what gangster would ever leave the house without his Dynamite, Tommy Gun, and rather fetching ruby pendant? What expedition leader doesn't keep a dark cloak and a person to carry things around, especially when he wants to put on a good show for the newspapers? What socialite would consider her outfit complete without a .38 revolver and one of the most powerful magical artifacts in existence, as well as a strange spell that seems to cloud the memories of people? What psychic would go out without her heirloom enchanted jewelry, a few spells dug up from magician friends, and a stick of dynamite left over from a reading that, well, the less said about the better? And the archeologist will of course grab some of the dustier artifacts from his shelf to accompany his handy bullwhip and revolver.

All of these things would be sorely needed as trouble was brewing in Dunwich ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to get the board pic up tomorrow evening (about 18 hours from now).

Question: aren't we allowed to set our skill sliders before the first turn? And those current skills look a bit odd; 6 Lore for Michael "speak to my tommy gun" McGlen? Or did I miss something with the league/scenario?

Should that be a mistake and my skills are as written on the card, then I'll set my sliders to:

Speed/Sneak 2/4
Fight/Will 3/4
Lore/Luck 1/2

With my speed skill, I think it'd be best if I handed off my ruby to Jenny at the earliest opportunity, wouldn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
I'll try to get the board pic up tomorrow evening (about 18 hours from now).

Question: aren't we allowed to set our skill sliders before the first turn? And those current skills look a bit odd; 6 Lore for Michael "speak to my tommy gun" McGlen? Or did I miss something with the league/scenario?

Should that be a mistake and my skills are as written on the card, then I'll set my sliders to:

Speed/Sneak 2/4
Fight/Will 3/4
Lore/Luck 1/2

With my speed skill, I think it'd be best if I handed off my ruby to Jenny at the earliest opportunity, wouldn't it?

The skills settings are completely out of date; they're copied from the previous incarnation. So trust the card, not the numbers [grin].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.