Saboteur» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tunnel placement Q&A. With pictures! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the playing area 9 fields long and 5 fields wide? Can I build outside this grid?

Yes, you can build "backwards".

You can build more than five fields wide.

Placement is in both examples legal. You can build anywere, in any direction. You can even build beyond the goal cards. There are no boundaries.

But maybe it's a good idea to houserule that you can't build off the table...

-----------------------------------

Can I place a card when there's no path from the starting ladder to the path I'm connecting? (or: how to use ladders)

No, this is not legal. You must be able to trace a path from the starting ladder to the tunnel card you're about to place.

-----------------------------------

Can I place a "wall" next to a goal card?

Yes, you can. This is a great saboteur trick, and turns a simple tunnel card like a corner into a deadly weapon for the saboteur. The goal card won't get revealed.

----------------------------

What happens when I place an "unreachable path" next to a goal card?

This is a legal play. But when you do this, the goal card doesn't get revealed.

(edit 0: images are now external, will replace them with images here on the geek)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really useful information I didn't get from the rulebook. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Chapman
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question... in regards to placing Wall cards and Unreachable Path cards next to goal cards, you say that they won't get revealed. But what about if you build around to the other side, or a top of bottom of the card? They then get revealed, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You reveal the destination card when you have a valid path to that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve stevens
msg tools
The last picture, if you have another path to get that middle card and reveal it, what happens if its not valid, like its an L shape and doesnt work with the card on the other side (the blocked bit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ukshark wrote:
The last picture, if you have another path to get that middle card and reveal it, what happens if its not valid, like its an L shape and doesnt work with the card on the other side (the blocked bit)

We play that the goal card should connect to the tunnel which was used to reach the goal card. Seems the best way thematicaly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is also mentioned in this way in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't answered in this thread but it came up. What if a path card is played that connects TWO goal cards in one go ("up" and "down"?

Do both activate?
Does the person who played the card decide?

OR... I'm going to be told that goal cards can only be entered from left and right, not above and below?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isthar wrote:
This isn't answered in this thread but it came up. What if a path card is played that connects TWO goal cards in one go ("up" and "down"?

Reveal both goal cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and I suppose IF a gold reveals, diggers win. If both are rocks, saboteurs win, so really, resolve both. OK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isthar wrote:
... and I suppose IF a gold reveals, diggers win. If both are rocks, saboteurs win, so really, resolve both. OK!

If both are rocks, the game continues -- as is the case if only one goal is revealed, and it is a rock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OOPS. Played my first game thinking first goal reached = end of round. Added tension I must say...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.