Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dillon Littlefield
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abyad wrote:
Are you allowed to swap Ability Cards between Obelisks at any point?

Nope, the ability cards are permanent.

Abyad wrote:
Are you allowed to leave a unpowered (thus unused) Ability Card at the base? For example: when bringing a Obelisk into battle with two Ability Cards attached to it, one powered and one not? I guess not, as each Ability Card has to be attached to an Obelisk Card?

You have to take along any ability cards that are attached to the obelisk to use that obelisk in battle (they are permanently attached to the obelisk) However, you can (and MUST) power ability cards individually if you want to take advantage of said abilities, even if they are on the same obelisk.

I hope this answered your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Littlefield
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what the "Visage" thing is about. It's probably just a typo for Second Sight like you suggested.

What the rule is saying is that you can't use an obelisk ability unless you bring that obelisk into battle (i.e. you can choose to leave your obelisks out of the battle if you wish).

Second Sight applies during the initial battle line formation (and all reorganization steps in which the obelisk still stands) as is implied by the rule you quoted:

"even if the ability applies BEFORE the battle line formation (like Visage [ready: Second Sight])."

So the ability DOES apply before the battle line formation given that you are bringing the obelisk it is attached to into the battle. Because it is the obelisk itself that is gaining the scouting, it's treated just like a regular unit with scouting: total scouting points are determined before any units are brought into the battle line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Littlefield
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to be of help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.