Subject: Corrupted Quiddity capture rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played just a few games with the expansion, so I may have missed something, but from what I've seen, with 3-4 corrupted cards in play, it seems that sometimes you have no way of actually getting any corrupted quiddity in your bag or in that of your opponents. So this is my suggestion for a variant, so everyone can sell his soul to demons and get himself into trouble.

1 buy/round variant:
After you have rolled your active pool and before summoning, you can willingly take a corrupted quiddity die and put it in your bag. Gain +1 Quiddity (to be spent for summoning or later for capturing a quarry). This does NOT count as your capture for your turn.

(I decided to go this way because people would literally do anything to buy a dragon or demon when they are just one point short - so close!!)

2 buy/round variant:

After rolling your dice, summoning and attacking, you can willingly take a corrupted quiddity die and put it in your bag. Gain +1 Quiddity (to be spent on capturing a quarry). This DOES count as one of your captures for your turn, so you only have one left, you'd better make it count.

What do you think? Is +1 quiddity too low as a reward?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I am disappointed by this expansion -- it seems that when played by standard rules, corrupted quiddity have almost no affect on the game. I was hoping that corrupted quiddity would be a "game changer," but they're not (at least not in my experience).

Felt the same way. Feel like you should not able to cull corrupt quiddity. There needs to be some way to get more of it into the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Hannemann
United Kingdom
Upper Heyford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Onemanworkshop wrote:
Sounds good to me. We have played at least 10 games with the new demon expansion, and have yet to have a single game where anyone had to acquire corrupted quiddity!

This will go over well in my group, as we really wanted to start screwing each other with this corrupted quiddity.

Yes I agree. Same here.

This is one of the worst, unnecessary and not playtested at all expansions I've ever bought. I really regret getting it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
play with the new "when a creature score you must cull that creature" rule that wizkidz has installed with the next expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Dobberfuhl
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
I agree with everyone that this expansion is a bit of a let down.

Here is my variant:

Any time anyone gains a corrupted quiddity die, it goes into their bag NOT their used pile.

This way people cannot cull them immediately, and they are forced to roll the die at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
samuel beaupain
Netherlands
amersfoort
utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
STOP IT!
mbmbmbmbmb
how about willingly take 1 corrupted quiddity die to allow you to capture 1 additional quarry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.