Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cristian Raut
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is intended as a series of condensed mini-reviews for people who want to quickly learn the most important aspects of a game

1. Number of games = 38

2. Components

Just 33 playing cards numbered from 3 to 35 and 56 plastic coins. The cards are nice but the I would have liked another design/feel on the plastic coins. Best part is the box is very small, just enough to fit everything nicely

3. Rule book

Small rule book, you can teach and learn the game within a minute

4. Gameplay

Each player receives 11 coins and the cards are shuffled into a deck. The top card is revealed and in turn order each player has 2 choices:
-you can say No Thanks!(pass) and you put a coin on the card
-you can take the card and put it in your tableau along with all the coins it has on it
The idea is that when scoring the card has the value printed on it and each coin has a value of -1 and the future benefit of being able to pass other cards in the future, having more coins.
The player with the fewest points wins.

5. Complexity

The game is very simple and it plays really fast (5-10 minutes)

6.Luck factor

Large. It has a bit of strategy and you can calculate some odds but a lot of times the luckiest person will win.

7.Player interaction

Large. Every action influences the other players, there's usually a lot of fun and table talk

8. Recommended for (number of players) / Replay value

The game itself is more strategic with 3 players, but being a fun, light game with a lot of table talk you might enjoy it the most with 5 players. High replay value due to randomness and fast gameplay.

9. Pros

-easy to take the game in your pocket when you're visiting someone
-easy to teach and learn
-very fast game
-a lot of fun

10. Cons

-there's too much luck involved
-the game is too simple, not a gamer's game

11. Other considerations

For what it is I think it's excellent. Though having a lot of gamers around means that some of them don't like it as much as I do. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because I think sometime in the future it will be replaced by a similar game that is just a bit more complex and strategic, with the same speed of play

12. Rating 9/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good review!
But your title really made it sound like you hadn't enjoyed the game at all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Raut
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh didn't realise the title would be confusing, it's just that I'm trying to make a whole series of mini-reviews titled "My 2 cents" where I try to be as short and concise as I can

Thanks for the appreciation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.