Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sucka Free
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played Scenario 6 and couldn't figure a way out of this one. If Woo can convert CP to MP at a 1:1 rate (1 spy point being directly equivalent to 2 MP) and Bolter can convert MP to CP at a 1:4 rate, you can gain an infinite amount of MP. I couldn't find a limitation on their abilities. What's keeping a player from doing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroic Brewer
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo doesn't convert an unlimited amount of CP to MP. He spends -2 CP that goes against his personal CP limit, to gain 1 spy point. He cannot use his ability more than twice a turn, so this is not an infinite combo. Page 26 of the manual explains it all in detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
With the two paired together, though, you DO get to access this limited combo every turn you don't do anything else. It's really annoying to opponents if you happened to have drawn those missions that just have you sit in a room or whatever because you really wouldn't be doing much otherwise. If effect, you're basically Timming (for you older M:TG fans) or throwing Hadouken (for you older SF fans) for the win.

(Man, I'm old when all my references are old)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the tim

But yes, it's really limited, since you at most can convert 4 cp to 8 cp via 2 mp. So you can generate 4 cp by having Woo do nothing; I think that's even more limiting than having him doing something more useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.