Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that there are 31 other teams who would want to be able to say this. A bit of a shock but they still have to work to get home advantage through the playoffs. 16-0 would have been nice, but who cares? Packers won the Super Bowl last year with the last seed.

Anyone counting them out? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

Anyone counting them out? whistle

Counting them out? No way. As confident? Not quite as much. Not because of the loss, but because of the O-Line injuries they sustained during the game. Packers don't have a defense that can compensate if the offense starts having issues.

They're still the favorite. But their stock might have dropped depending on how serious those injuries end up being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother is a huge fan, and this was the first time he was able to go to a Packer game... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Today you saw the blueprint for beating them. Does that mean they won't win the Superbowl? Nope. They still have the best record and will likely have home field advantage. However they're weak against the run and their offensive line which while good isn't overpowering is now banged up pretty good.

Something that's been well camouflaged during the season is their weakness against the run. That's because they get in these track meets and other teams are forced to throw against them and you simply can't out throw the Packers.

I think to be beaten in the playoffs the other team is going to have to do what the Chiefs did today. Run the ball and get after Rogers. Of the teams they're likely to meet in the playoffs the 49ers are the best fit for this kind of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bears are really falling apart but I certainly don't count them out next week. And it looks like the Lions may come into Lambeau with a shot at a playoff spot.

I told my sons at the beginning of the season that the Packers should be either 12-4 or 13-3. It's been a great season so far. Bears on national TV Christmas night should be great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Today you saw the blueprint for beating them. Does that mean they won't win the Superbowl? Nope. They still have the best record and will likely have home field advantage. However they're weak against the run and their offensive line which while good isn't overpowering is now banged up pretty good.

Something that's been well camouflaged during the season is their weakness against the run. That's because they get in these track meets and other teams are forced to throw against them and you simply can't out throw the Packers.

I think to be beaten in the playoffs the other team is going to have to do what the Chiefs did today. Run the ball and get after Rogers. Of the teams they're likely to meet in the playoffs the 49ers are the best fit for this kind of game.

Actually they are 12th in the league against the run which is not great but it is still better than 60% of the league, stopping the run is not the problem. Stopping the pass is, they give up just under 300 yards a game passing. KC did not beat us with the run, take away a couple good reverses and the running backs for the Chiefs were not all that impressive combing for 85 yards on 25 carries which is rather weak.

On the other hand, Kyle freaking Orton reeled off 300 yards against us.

KC did show the blueprint for beating the Pack yesterday but it has not so much to do with running the ball well as it does with controlling the clock and keeping the offense off the field.

Oh, and it always helps to have us drop 52,678 passes in the same game...

I for one am glad, maybe now we can start concentrating on on the realistic goal of winning the Super Bowl instead of going undefeated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had rotator cuff surgery but there are times when I think I could take the defense for 250-300 yards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat by Orton and the KC "Chefs"? Looking vulnerable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
peapicker wrote:
Beat by Orton and the KC "Chefs"? Looking vulnerable.

Orton is really good when it doesn't matter at all. He's terrible when it does matter.

Green Bay looked like they had been out drinking a bit late the night and were totally unprepared for the game. I only watched the highlights, but man there were a lot of bad mistakes made. Hopefully this will keep them from getting too cocky, and they'll remember that any team can win (look at the colts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ze_stom wrote:

Orton is really good when it doesn't matter at all. He's terrible when it does matter.

Oh, I agree. I'm a Broncos fan. It's been painful watching him the last couple years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It just hit me - yesterday was the Packers bye week.

gulpgulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.