Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm posting this here to see if anyone else concurs...

My AToE box is packed solid (sleeved cards, all expansions). When the next expansion comes out, it's not going to fit.

However...if Flying Frog releases it in an Eclipse/Age of Conan/Middle-Earth Quest sized box, everything should fit with room to spare.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should release it in a Touch of Evil satchel. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they'll probably release it in a box which it fits in, rather than a box which is gigantic, mostly empty, and terrifies those who have bought no other expansions into not buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farrell Seymore
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe... but it doesn't matter much to me. I would play this game in any boxed form, in fact...

So I will play it in an oversized box.
And I will play it with a fox.
And I will play it in a house.
And I will play it with a mouse.
And I will play it here and there.
Say! I will play it ANYWHERE!

I do so like
ATOE
Thank you!
Thank you,
Sam-I-am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah a big box would probably just add unnecessary cost.

Didn't Growing Hunger have extra deep card wells so it could also hold the cards of the base game? I'd like to see them do that as well as deeper wells to hold all the character/villain boards.

It'd be great if you could at least fit everything in 2 boxes. A little planning could make it look real nice and even encourage people who haven't picked up Something Wicked to get it too, just to fill up the space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
I think they'll probably release it in a box which it fits in, rather than a box which is gigantic, mostly empty, and terrifies those who have bought no other expansions into not buying it.

That doesn't seem to stop certain game companies from releasing games in big, empty boxes. :D

In all seriousness, my collection vs storage space issues have led me to consolidate pretty ruthlessly. I've sent countless inserts to the graveyard to make room (yes, Tide of Iron w/expansions does fit in the box).

I'm hoping Santa will put Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game under the tree (which I assume will have more room for Flying Frog goodness)...it's a shame AToE was an "early" FF with less room to grow in the original box.

Maybe I should go find an 18th century chest in which to store it...:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Llama
United States
Milligan College
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to Home Depot and picked up a large case for holding nuts, bolts, and other tools. After removing a couple of the yellow boxes to make room for the boards, the cards fit nicely into the remaining spots. Its very protective and will probably hold the coast, as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mvinarcik wrote:

My AToE box is packed solid (sleeved cards, all expansions). When the next expansion comes out, it's not going to fit.

What do you think?

I think I'd love to see pictures of this. I don't see how it fits well in one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.