Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed duplicates in my game as well.
I am pretty sure it is intended as those cards usually represent common/generic encounters such as Giant Rats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, they are some double encounter cards like the Giant Rats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we're discussing components, why only 4 reference cards in a 6 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
Since we're discussing components, why only 4 reference cards in a 6 player game?

Because it was originally a 4 player game. The 5-6 player was literally a last minute thing they did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not know that. Does the game suffer in any way by becoming a 6 player game so late in the game?

Note: That also answers a question I had during our first game Saturday night about tile numbers. manual calls for selecting 4 regular tiles per player and 2 special tiles. We ran out of tiles rather quickly in a 6 player game and at first I thought I was missing tiles. After finding out there were supposed to be 26 tiles from the components list, I wondered why they hadn't made mention of that in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
I did not know that. Does the game suffer in any way by becoming a 6 player game so late in the game?

Note: That also answers a question I had during our first game Saturday night about tile numbers. manual calls for selecting 4 regular tiles per player and 2 special tiles. We ran out of tiles rather quickly in a 6 player game and at first I thought I was missing tiles. After finding out there were supposed to be 26 tiles from the components list, I wondered why they hadn't made mention of that in the rules.

The rules do mention that with 5-6 players you won't have enough tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I must have missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Kid
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
hepcat1 wrote:

The rules do mention that with 5-6 players you won't have enough tiles.

"not enough tiles" to follow the same rules as the 1-4 player game. But it still plays.

The game designer has said a few times that 5-6 player games are his favorite way to play the game (I hope I'm not mis-quoting him -- but I know I've read it a few times here).

From what I've read (haven't played yet) the game strategies change slightly with that group -- resources (encounters, treasure, levels) are in lower supply so it is a more cut-throat game with that many players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Kid
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the quote (one of them at least).

It came from this thread: 5 Players?

mrbistro wrote:
5 Players with 1 set is currently my favorite way to play. One set is all you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice avatar B Rizzle. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.