Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: LoD Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Swanson
United States
flag msg tools
Hello all,

This is my first post on these forums. I have been playing LoD for about a month. It is my first D&D Adventure System game. I played D&D briefly in the past. My wife and I love LoD however I was curious if anyone knew about a campaign setting similar to the CR one that I have read about. We haven't purchased CR (yet!). The campaign might be enough to push us over the edge and purchase it though.

Are there any other printables other than CR game needed to effectively play the campaign?

Does anyone have a PDF/single download/document for all of the printables for the campaign settings?

What is the best way to print off the additional printables?

Thank you very much much for any information you can provide!

Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Octavian Iancu
Romania
Arad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently working on my own campaign system, which basically consists of some of the adventures from the book. The idea is you take the tiles and you shuffle them. If a special tile appears you do the actions that that tile would do in a adventure. Depending on the tile you have a different adventure. Some you have to play multiple times(for ex the drow glyph tile), so you beat all the monsters. In some adventures a villain will appear that is also a hero(Artemis comes into mind). Then that player gets 2 healing surges and has to kill the other players. This is so you add a little bit of competition to the game(I was thinking everybody had it’s own gold stack). I think I will roll the die to determine what treasure I get, and even the number of monsters you encounter. I will have to see the probabilities and set the values according to the number of tokens from WoA. To add a little bit more MMORPG feel to it, I wanted to add spells in it(Work still in progress), and also you can enter a dungeon only to farm(Kill monsters for XP and treasures). You can exit a dungeon anytime you want. If only a hero exists the level, he has to stay there for X turns(I am still thinking of a value), he only controls the monsters in the villain phase if he’s turn comes back. When he reenters the dungeon he is fully healed. He can do this only once per turn. If all the heroes exit the dungeon, the level is considered finished and you reshuffle all the cards and tiles and do the usual in between games actions!
This are the basic rules, I am still developing them! There is a lot of information about campaign systems around the forums of the 3 games….all you need is a little time to read…
Hope this helped.
All the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeswanson86 wrote:
Hello all,

This is my first post on these forums. I have been playing LoD for about a month. It is my first D&D Adventure System game. I played D&D briefly in the past. My wife and I love LoD however I was curious if anyone knew about a campaign setting similar to the CR one that I have read about. We haven't purchased CR (yet!). The campaign might be enough to push us over the edge and purchase it though.

Are there any other printables other than CR game needed to effectively play the campaign?

Does anyone have a PDF/single download/document for all of the printables for the campaign settings?

What is the best way to print off the additional printables?

Thank you very much much for any information you can provide!

Justin

The campaign rules come with Wrath of Ashardalon, not CR.

The mechanisms are based on gold collection to buy gear between adventures and earning Boon cards that give you a unique way of avoiding trouble once per card per adventure.

As for printing.... I would suggest purchasing WoA to get the treasure tokens, chamber tiles, boon cards, and treasure cards. Most of these are used in a lot of variants.
Plus you get another game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.