Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripod MGs aren't allowed to infiltrate, what happens if they are attached to platoons that use an 'infiltrate platoon' command?

Units that have successfully infiltrated don't have an exposed marker, are they then allowed to generically move that impulse or 'infiltrate' and/or 'move' in a later impulse that turn?

If a grenade attack is attempted on the same card against cover, is only one unit allowed it's free grenade counter attack or every unit in that attacked cover?

A veteran MG experiences a jam and is "flipped to it's fire team for the balance of the mission", at the end does it go back to veteran or stay green for being a LAT?

MAP:
A B C
D E
F *(All open fields)
It's my understanding 'F' cannot fire on 'B' ever for any reason because the PDFs would get ridiculous and the card line of sight rules would break down. But I see no reason to make indirect lay from a mortar impossible, yet it seems to be.

There seem to be no restrictions for rank with pyrotechnic commands, could a squad on its own use General Initiative to fire it's red flare and 'Reconstitute CO HQ'?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I would leave the tripod MG behind in that case. The 'Recipient' column of the Infiltrate Platoon command excludes them from eligibility for the command.

2) They have no Exposed marker, and are therefore allowed to move again. They cannot be issued another infiltrate command that impulse, but could in a future impulse that turn. They could also be issued a move order in the same impulse.

3) There does not appear to be anything in the rules that would preclude every eligible unit from making its free grenade counter attack, so I think they all would.

4) Seems logical that a jam would not reduce the experience level of a unit. Certainly not the same way that having the unit 'broken' would.

5) As long as you have a spotter, indirect lay from F to B is possible. See 6.7.4: "When using Indirect Lay, on map mortars do not have to trace a straight LOS to the target, but must be in range traced in cards including diagonally and not including the card the mortar occupies."

6) The Originator of a command must still be legal. That command must come from BN HQ or CO Staff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6.) I would use the same rules for pyros as for general initiative:

Quote:
There are some actions that ALWAYS require an HQ/Staff to be
the originator even if attempted under General Initiative. These are:
Exhort, Reconstituting the CO HQ or a Platoon HQ, Creating/Dis-
patching/Dismissing a Runner, Designating a New Tactical Control,
Attempting to Reconstitute a Squad, and Firing an FPF or FPL

I am not sure whom one would consider the originator of a pyro command. Maybe it is like a little inserted initiative step where everybody who sees the pyro acts on their own responsibility, so the above rule should fully apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LancerDeuce wrote:

6) The Originator of a command must still be legal. That command must come from BN HQ or CO Staff.

A Platoon HQ firing off a move command affects every unit that can see it, including units not under its command. How is that legal?

All pyrotechnic commands originate with the CO at the beginning of the mission and are assigned to subordinates by him, should it matter that that subordinate fired the device? If it does First Sergeants would never be able to tell lieutenants commanding Platoons what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.