Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Brown
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably me being stupid, but I can't work out the interface. Specifically, how do I play the cards to settle a new location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. L. Garner
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I initially had a similar problem.... the key is to click on the cards "in order" of play....very important. Must have what you need, or it just doesn't give you the option to play (which makes sense)... Once you figure it out, it actually works very well.... so far at least....I'm only part way through my first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially the "Merchant"-Action can be problematic:
1. Ship-Card
2. Gold-Card
3. Gold-Card (optional)

If you "think" an other order of cards, you may end with not as much money as intended... ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hansi
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Especially the "Merchant"-Action can be problematic:
1. Ship-Card
2. Gold-Card
3. Gold-Card (optional)

If you "think" an other order of cards, you may end with not as much money as intended... ^^

In my opinion playing the cards in the same order as described in the rules makes sense and is the easiest way.

There are cards that have both money and ship symbols. How should the program otherwise know which one is intended to be the "ship" card: the one with ship and 2 coins or with ship and 3 coins, just as an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This was no critic to the software - but you still have to know, how you have to select the cards. Maybe a tooltip text or something like taht would help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just highlight the cards in yellow following the sequence you'd use IRL:
start with clicking on the "starting point", "means of transportation", then "card with settler icon" ( if required ), then click on the place on the map you want to settle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hansi
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
This was no critic to the software - but you still have to know, how you have to select the cards. Maybe a tooltip text or something like taht would help?

Alsolutely right. There should be added an interface manual on the rules page and some hints in the game window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
It is descriped on the yucata rules page:
Hand cards have to be clicked in the same sequence as described in the rules, dependent on the action you want to perform.

I think it is not so easy to give more hints during the game, because of the many different options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.