United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings All,

PR Anniversary Edition has arrived at retail and we received the following email update this morning:

"In view of the VERY late date and the VERY limited nature of the Puerto Rico Anniversary Edition - we have sold them all and expect no reprints - you may sell the games as soon as you get them."

Translation: the game is releasable upon receipt by retailers -- there is no wait for a set street date like is often the case with new titles.

GAME ON!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Hernandez
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rsolow wrote:
Greetings All,

PR Anniversary Edition has arrived at retail and we received the following email update this morning:

"In view of the VERY late date and the VERY limited nature of the Puerto Rico Anniversary Edition - we have sold them all and expect no reprints - you may sell the games as soon as you get them."

Translation: the game is releasable upon receipt by retailers -- there is no wait for a set street date like is often the case with new titles.

GAME ON!

BRING IT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I will get it in time for Christmas....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In stock at Coolstuff -- MY GOD, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To-ju Huang
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Too bad, the CoolStuffInc order I placed on Oct 30 is finally shipped today, but it will not arrive in south California until Dec 27. Chances are high that my copy will miss the Christmas. Even worse, I will be out of town and the games will just sadly sit at the front door (Mr. Thieves, please don't take it away....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received the long awaited email from CSI saying my preorder has shipped. In my case it is a double enjoyment since it released my reserved copy of War of the Ring (First Edition) Second Edition.

I can call this day a Happy Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hmm... some stores, apparently in response to demand, are raising prices on the game.

ThoughtHammer had offered it at $65 + shipping, now it's $80 + shipping.

FunAgain had been offering it for $79.99 + free shipping... now it's $99.99 + free shipping.

Geez. Glad I pre-ordered mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still $64 at Boards & Bits...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Phagocyte wrote:

I wonder which preorders they'll fill first, the higher- or lower-priced.

Guess I'm getting too cynical. devil

"No matter how cynical you get, it's never enough to keep up." – Lily Tomlin laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phagocyte wrote:
viol8r wrote:
Just ordered from Coolstuff!

Just sold out at CoolStuff.

CSI is now saying they have 20+ copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuff has at least 20 and their price is the same ...way to go COOLSTUFF.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there is one copy of CE listed on ebay for 5,000 usd!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SystemShock wrote:
Hmm... some stores, apparently in response to demand, are raising prices on the game.

FunAgain had been offering it for $79.99 + free shipping... now it's $99.99 + free shipping.

Keep in mind, though, that this could be for many reasons, just two of which are:

1 - simple law of supply and demand

2 - they had to buy through a secondary source, which charged a higher wholesale price

Either way, with an MSRP of $100, it's not price-gouging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a panic I ordered a copy from CSI this morning since I have been putting it off. It said they had 2 copies. Rio Grande Games website says this was a limited print run and it WILL NOT BE REPRINTED.

Glad I got in on this while I could. Looks like a beautiful rendition of a great game.Looking forward to unpacking it.

*Edited for horrible spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
nightglider1 wrote:
SystemShock wrote:

Keep in mind, though, that this could be for many reasons, just two of which are:

2 - they had to buy through a secondary source, which charged a higher wholesale price

What part of " apparently in response to demand" was not clear?

Far as price-gouging goes, that's up to each individual to decide for themselves.

I personally would not have paid $100(MSRP) for it, and consider that too high a price for what you get... but the $79 I did spend seems fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SystemShock wrote:
nightglider1 wrote:
SystemShock wrote:

What part of "some stores, apparently in response to demand" was not clear?

Far as price-gouging goes, that's up to each individual to decide for themselves.I personally would not have paid $100 for it, but the $79 I did spend seems worth it.

Your post, as well as some others in the thread, seemed to suggest that such an act is outrageous. I quoted yours as a representative post, and in hindsight, I could have been clearer. My apologies, it wasn't meant to get you all worked up about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
nightglider1 wrote:

Your post, as well as some others in the thread, seemed to suggest that such an act is outrageous. I quoted yours as a representative post, and in hindsight, I could have been clearer. My apologies, it wasn't meant to get you all worked up about it.

Please to point out where in this thread I said the price raises were "outrageous". We'll wait.

Far as "getting all worked up about it", nah. But, since you bring it up, I do have to wonder about you in this regard... why take it on yourself to repeat and underline something I already very clearly stated?

Are you really that worried about ppl being annoyed by price increases on a product (the US version) that will sell out completely almost no matter what, due to it being such a limited run?

No need for all the hand-waving, good sir. Ppl were just being made aware that if they still want it, they may have to pay more for it, depending on who they're willing to buy from. And spreading info is what internet msg boards are all about, right?

Peace. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.