flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A400. Prologue

The Doctor:
Brains: 12
Brawn: 5
Bravery: 9

Traits: Aware, Charisma, Computer, Engineering, History, Science, Running, TARDIS, Archeology.

Luck: 4 5 6 7 8 7 6 5 4
DM: 0 1

Psychic Paper +1 Talk Options on all non Mechanical enemies except w Domination.

Landed

A432 Earth Orbit - 2008 (9, post Modern Era)
(Holiday) Landed on the Titanic in orbit over Earth!

+ First Character Event will be e271
+1 DM when enemy is revealed
+ On a (8) or more Relax, you may see Shore Leave e281
+ Character race unspecified = Alien

Turn 1: Relax
(8) Take a tour (The Doctor strolls into a tour and takes in the wonderful aliens on the tour since the tour itself is very boring)
e129. Tour +1 Luck

Event 1: None

Turn 2. Relax
(8) See Entertainment (The Doctor accompanies some of the aliens to dinner-theater)
e080. See Entertainment +1 Luck

Event 2: (Roll on e080 table) +1 Luck

So far this has been a very boring, but fun trip for the Doctor, he has enjoyed spending time with the other passengers and is just beginning to think he can relax when...

Turn 3. Relax
(5) Holiday Interrupted

Event 3: Enemy
v500. The Autons

Turn 4: Investigate
Location Event
e070. Alien Museum
(8) The Headpiece of an old enemy +1 LUCK

Turn 5: Investigate
Plot Event because I am at e070
e140. Sabotage Engineering
(4) Fail
Nothing

Event 5: Enemy
(1) Ally captured... so nothing happens.

So I re-rolled (mistake?) and got
(5)
1 Auton
Brains 4, Brawn 7, Bravery 7

It has been my experience to run from everything or get really hurt, plus I can always try and escape!

Evade
(7) Fail -1 to Surrender Roll

Surrender
(4-1 3) Surrounded by Autons
e061. Punishment
Locked in a cell
-Escape Action 2D6 + Thief (9+) Escape (4 or less) Caught (-1 to future tries)

Turn 6: Escape
(8) Fail

Turn 7: Escape
(6) Fail

Turn 8: Escape
(8) Fail
e060. Marked for Execution (Things go from bad to worse as the Doctor has angered his captors with all of his botched escape attempts, I am running out of turns and decide to start burning all of my luck that I was so fortunate to gain at the beginning.)

Turn 9: Escape
(6) Fail
LUCK
(6) Fail

Turn 10: Escape
(6) Fail
LUCK
(6) Fail

Turn 11: Escape
(6) Fail
LUCK
(5) Fail

Turn 12: Escape
(7) Fail
LUCK
(7) Fail

I decided to see what the Autons were up to since I failed and needed to find out what happened...

I got

e221. Scorched Earth... So bye bye Earth! As the Titanic moves away from the now lifeless and destroyed Earth, the Doctor finally escapes but is too late! He sheds a single tear "I was too late... it's not possible!"

He sadly sneaks back to the TARDIS and thinks about what the can possibly do to undo what he was unable to stop.

At this point, I am going to try and continue playing, but I am going to re-roll all Earth adventure locations that take place past the date of this one.

Maybe if I can encounter the Autons before this happens I will un-destroy Earth. Or if I can get a companion and a sonic screwdriver first try and pilot BACK to this time stream and either try to stop them or just free myself and play two Doctors!

I really was annoyed, but this has actually created a REALLY cool and now goal driven game for me! I can't wait to try and fix this!

-Mike

Edited for grammar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenyon Daniel
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the beginning of a heck of a season with an appropriate huge climactic ending!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That's some seriously bad luck with the Escape rolls, but it's cool that you've got a clear goal in mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, please let me know if this format was entertaining or if I should "fluff" it up more.

I think that most people who read this will already be used to filling-in the blanks with your superior imaginations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeloftus wrote:
Also, please let me know if this format was entertaining or if I should "fluff" it up more.

I think that most people who read this will already be used to filling-in the blanks with your superior imaginations.

I actually prefer the more mechanical write-ups like this. I can see what you were doing more clearly, and fill in the blanks myself. But some people have a much clearer vision of their own doctor, and I can certainly understand the desire to express their version of him through creative writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - taht was some SERIOUS bad luck with die rolls - even with losing luck points.

Sometimes the Dice Gods suck.

And I think the beauty of write ups is their variation in style - just like the TV show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also,

Scorched Earth is a 5 Goal so I didn't have enough Luck to keep myself from regenerating.

On his way back to the TARDIS, he is ambushed by Autons and nearly killed. The Doctor manages to crawl into the TARDIS and regenerate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.