Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Tips on Making a Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’ve already started making a scenario of my own, but i would really love to have some tips so i can make it a decent experience

Note that i am not making any extra cards. Only:
-Event Cards
-Clue Cards
-Objective Cards

I'd be good to have some advice on length, difficulty, storyline, map placements and just pretty much anything you can offer

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
If you haven't seen them yet, matildadad has posted some very useful Files that make designing the new cards much easier.

For length, I'd try to keep the total of the Event deck somewhere in the 16-20 turn range; any more and the game runs the risk of dragging.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is to do something that makes your scenario memorable. For example, Blood Ties is memorable for its Zombie swarms and how they actually revive like Zombies. Green-Eyed Boy, while it was badly implemented, was memorable for its traitor mechanic. Give your scenario a unique flavor in some way; don't make it just another clone of House Lynch or Inner Sanctum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.