Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Sitting on the Fence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be waiting for others who purchase this game to give us all the positive and negative reviews before purchasing it.
FFGs sometimes is too quick to rush games out the door before they are ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
I'll be waiting for others who purchase this game to give us all the positive and negative reviews before purchasing it.

Now this was a comment worth opening a new thread for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stadi wrote:
grahamj wrote:

Now this was a comment worth the following up of a new thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I tore down that fence and am using it in my fire while I camp out and wait to be allowed to give Fantasy Flight my money for their plastic! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alfadir
Netherlands
flag msg tools
stadi wrote:
grahamj wrote:

I second that! Nonetheless I am very curious/excited how this one will turn out..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
Looks like the conversion kit will only be twenty five bucks americano. Consider me sold!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vanderzee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus $80 for the new edition.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also puzzled, I have yet to buy descent but I don't know if I should get 1st edition or second edition from all I've read, second edition is a much weaker game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Irxson wrote:
I'm also puzzled, I have yet to buy descent but I don't know if I should get 1st edition or second edition from all I've read, second edition is a much weaker game.

We don't have any specifics to answer this, do we? I'd say wait till the rulebook is out and then you'll know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No we don't, and that is why I haven't bought one or another, I just wish they make the tiles compatible with 1st edition. But I hear it's going to be have a more streamlined gameplay and what I'm seeking in Descent is something a bit more complex because for a simple, random and fun dungeon crawler I already have D&D adventure system games and I really want something in between those games and a real D&D RPG campaign. From what iv'e seen on reviews, descent 1st edition and a couple of expansions seems to do just that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will definitely be interesting to see the differences laid out.

My impression of this is that when it came time to reprint Descent, due to increased costs for plastic minis, FFG couldn't do a straight reprint and keep the cost reasonable (as was the case with Battlelore). Likely, they took the opportunity to do a redesign so the second edition would be more than just a cheapified version.

This doesn't seem to me to be a case where first edition owners should begrudge the second edition at all - they probably own a game that is currently unmanufacturable and should be happy to have it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
It will definitely be interesting to see the differences laid out.

My impression of this is that when it came time to reprint Descent, due to increased costs for plastic minis, FFG couldn't do a straight reprint and keep the cost reasonable (as was the case with Battlelore). Likely, they took the opportunity to do a redesign so the second edition would be more than just a cheapified version.

This doesn't seem to me to be a case where first edition owners should begrudge the second edition at all - they probably own a game that is currently unmanufacturable and should be happy to have it!

Yes, but I do hope that the tiles are compatible with second ed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.