Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the human player just lose if the Guide goes into a tight tunnel and the Demon player has the event card, Terror?

As soon as the Guide explores a Tight Tunnel, only one human warrior can be on that tile with the guide, so the Demon player plays Terror, spawns the Demon warrior on the newly-vacated tile and wins immediately by eating the Guide, right?

So, it sounds like a race to get Terror and play it at the appropriate time. It doesn't even have to be after a tight tunnel, just at any point when there is only one human warrior on the tile with the Guide. Obviously, the human player could potentially have the card that cancels a Demon event card, but that seems relatively unlikely.

Any thoughts about this or perhaps rules that I missed? I reread the scenario rules and scoured the rules topics here on the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you're right. It seems that having this card could be a big advantage for the Demon player. This is why the Human player should always have at least 2 warriors on the tile with the Guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bartekb8 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you're right. It seems that having this card could be a big advantage for the Demon player. This is why the Human player should always have at least 2 warriors on the tile with the Guide.

Agreed, but you can only have 1 warrior on a Tight Tunnel. But,even without that tile, keeping two warriors constantly with the guide can be difficult, not to mention that it is not improbable for the Demon player to have stockpiled two Terror cards over the course of five or six turns. And it seems anticlimactic for the Demon player to play two Terror cards, spawn a Demon and say "I win."

I wonder if Croc will come here and explain his intention for the scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I bet removing one or both of the Terror demon event cards would solve this problem.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terror only affects condemned warriors so you just have to keep your Redeemer close to the guide ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muchu wrote:
Terror only affects condemned warriors so you just have to keep your Redeemer close to the guide ;-)

Oh, thanks. That is something that I overlooked. However, that still seems incredibly difficult for the humans.

I think I will remove one Terror card from the deck before the next play.

Does anyone have any more experience with this scenario being balanced one way or the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this particular scenario but others like the ritual are kind of one sided in my experience. So we usally play both sides and see how we fare each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muchu wrote:
I haven't played this particular scenario but others like the ritual are kind of one sided in my experience. So we usally play both sides and see how we fare each.

True, but I haven't played any other scenarios that have had such an "I win" kind of finish if you don't do one specific thing, i.e. keep the Redeemer right with the Guide at all times. It's important, I think. If your Redeemer takes 2 or 3 wounds, the likelihood of him being exhausted goes way up. And the likelihood of him being wounded goes up as the other warriors may not be able to easily keep up with the Guide.

Oh well, at least your clarification is something that I will not forget to mention to my next opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KenToad wrote:
Oh well, at least your clarification is something that I will not forget to mention to my next opponent.

You have one card similar to Terror wich affects only condemned warriors, it's "Demonic possession"(should be that, i only have french version).
Although you can have your condemned brute attack your Redeemer devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that Terror cards are powerful and often turns the scale of victory, no matter which scenario is being played.
But removing one Terror card seems ok to me in this one, I wouldn't change anything more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KenToad wrote:

Try on this forum at your own risks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CROC
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Muchu wrote:
KenToad wrote:

Try on this forum at your own risks

This forum is for technical rule questions only.

Regards,

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CROC
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
KenToad wrote:
bartekb8 wrote:

Agreed, but you can only have 1 warrior on a Tight Tunnel. But,even without that tile, keeping two warriors constantly with the guide can be difficult, not to mention that it is not improbable for the Demon player to have stockpiled two Terror cards over the course of five or six turns. And it seems anticlimactic for the Demon player to play two Terror cards, spawn a Demon and say "I win."

IF you are alone on a tight tunnel tile. And IF the lone guy is not the priest and IF the demon has the terror card, you lose... You can curse all the demons from hell and angels from heaven because life's bitch... And play another game !

Regards,

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.